Abdi from Watford?

16 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Lets just take a moment to imagine this

Fletcher  Hooper

Forestieri Bannan Lee Abdi

Pudil Hutch Lees  Hunt

Westwood

:baby:

Could potentially be this but it looks a bit narrow in midfield? 

Fletcher  hooper

.             FF

Bannan Abdi Lee

Pudil Hutch Lees. hunt

.      Westwood 

4 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Forestieri can't tackle to save his life.

True that

Although maybe take a look at the Benfica highlights. A smallish Wednesday player tackles a Benfica player which allows it to break to Hutch to start the attack which leads to the first goal.

Can you do me a favour and just identify who initially tackles the Benfica player? My eyesight isn't great

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Just got messaged by a Watford fan who loves FF and Pudil:

" In 30 years of watching Watford, I think Almen Abdi is the best I've seen play for us.  We can no longer be friends. "

Fingers crossed. 

That's incredible, you have a friend?

lol

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

True that

Although maybe take a look at the Benfica highlights. A smallish Wednesday player tackles a Benfica player which allows it to break to Hutch to start the attack which leads to the first goal.

Can you do me a favour and just identify who initially tackles the Benfica player? My eyesight isn't great

Matias 

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

The more I think about it, the more I think we may see Abdi playing in Kieran Lee's position, with Lee replacing Wallace

We play with this asymmetric 4-4-2 shape with a wide left left man pushed wide, but then Wallace on the right sitting narrow. We know Lee can play wide (with some limited success) so I suspect we may see Abdi play in the Lee roll and then Lee replacing Wallace in that pseudo-wide roll on the right.

Maybe. I really don't know at this stage, our attacking prowess is overwhelming

your sticking a square peg in a round hole playing lee on the wing .....his best position is central ,wallace is a better winger than lee..

12 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I'm sure FF and Abdi would be delighted with getting played out of position every week 

lol

FF scored 6 from 9 playing wide left, and 9 from 31 up front.

But let's not go there...

24 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

They said the same about Martin Taylor! 

In all seriousness Abdi would be the best midfielder in the division should we sign him.

Haha yeah very true. But if he dies come it's defo gonna improve. 

17 minutes ago, torryowl said:

your sticking a square peg in a round hole playing lee on the wing .....his best position is central ,wallace is a better winger than lee..

Agreed. Wallace has a much better cross on him and can beat a man occasionally with trickery.

Lee's best position is CM by far. He'd be a better RB than RM imo as he can help support attack.