Abdi from Watford?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

How is he a replacement for McGugan?  Doesn't Abdi play wide??

10 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

According to the information availible the ball appears to be in our court , we have agreed fee with Watford and are arranging terms , IF we bugger it up now it's our own fault.

I hope the deal is basically done and this is why we have told Lewis he can leave as we have signed his replacement in the squad. 

13 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We are going to need players of the calibre of Abdi as this season looks like being the hardest championship to get promoted from. 

I try not to jump the gun on these things as there's usually too many variables to consider but, on paper I completely agree, this looks a very tough Championship.

2 minutes ago, themaskedowl said:

I try not to jump the gun on these things as there's usually too many variables to consider but, on paper I completely agree, this looks a very tough Championship.

Indeed there's always a few teams considered to be unbeatable but then you get a team in their own zone that surprise everyone. Like Reading did under Coppell once and Burnley last season. 

Get your own house in order and you can win enough games to be top two. You can normally afford to lose about 5 games and still get automatic promotion 

7 minutes ago, themaskedowl said:

It does indeed, newly ambitious teams like Wolves have a rebuilding job to do, that takes time as we know and even the relegated teams are having to rebuild to some extent. Overall we are very settled as a squad and that works in our favour so fingers crossed.

Edited by Morepork

Can it now be said, that we're 100% sliding towards a Premier League #2 by default?

What with the calibre and names of the Managers that are now in the Championship, adding to finally the quality and skill levels of the type of players willing to see the Championship as no demotion or that it's a negative move and far from it etc?

2 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

Can it now be said, that we're 100% sliding towards a Premier League #2 by default?

What with the calibre and names of the Managers that are now in the Championship, adding to finally the quality and skill levels of the type of players willing to see the Championship as no demotion or that it's a negative move and far from it etc?

Nail on the head in terms of it being a closer relation to the Premier League. 

Now it's time the TV rights money issue is addressed along with a more realistic structure to FFP and a closer look at the parachute payments, which are way too much of an advantage.

Edited by Morepork

2 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

I agree and mentioned this a few weeks ago. Think two premier leagues of 18 teams in each will happen at some point. As it will help with fixture reduction for the national team and with money being spread out more between the top 36 clubs - who are soon to all be owned by wealthy foreign owners. 

Fortunalty we should be in a position to qualify for this but our noisy neighbours may not 

Aye, it does seem that way and glad I'm not the only one thinking / feeling that. For the wages that enough Championship clubs are now having to pay out (I suppose the PL could say, "you don't have to have that calibre of player, nobody is forcing you" but then really, they are just in-directly and cutely (the ba$stard0's)

Oh wouldn't it be funny, if our noisy neighbours missed out on yet ANOTHER highlight of positivity, wouldn't it mwwwuuu hahahahha!

5 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

According to the information availible the ball appears to be in our court , we have agreed fee with Watford and are arranging terms , IF we bugger it up now it's our own fault.

Exactly right if true, I can see us not agreeing terms and losing out I'm afraid, if some rumours are true then there is a distinct lack of knowledge in the art of contractual negotiations at Hillsborough at the moment .

30 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Exactly right if true, I can see us not agreeing terms and losing out I'm afraid, if some rumours are true then there is a distinct lack of knowledge in the art of contractual negotiations at Hillsborough at the moment .

Yeah, noticed that with the signings of Fletcher, forestieri, Bannan, Hooper, etc, etc

24 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Yeah, noticed that with the signings of Fletcher, forestieri, Bannan, Hooper, etc, etc

I see what you mean, all the players who had very limited options of interested clubs and hadn't in the previous season played 32 Premiership games, yes you have made a very good point, silly me.

Got to say that I don't have a great feeling about this one. The fact that Watford went public last night indicates to me that they've grown impatient and want a deal concluding now else will look to offload him elsewhere.

He's effectively in the £25 and under column now.

Whilst we're at it, we need to stop weeing about with the Pudil deal too if Watford are growing weary of us. 

I was quite happy to wait up until getting vibes Watford are impatient.