Abdi from Watford?

Talented but does not look like the most hard-working team with Foriestieri, Hooper and Abdi not really renowned for their tracking back and helping out in defence.

A lot of luxury players in that line-up when Burnley showed that the way to promotion is hard work, discipline and supreme fitness/stamina. Boyd and Arfield are not wingers but work horses.

Edited by ReluctantNicko

16 minutes ago, scottie78 said:

Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been posted but just seen this. 

http://www.wdsport.co.uk/2016/07/almen-abdi-watford-future-in-major-doubt/

Some very good comments about him at the bottom, looks like they really rate him. 

Yeah I read the comments too similar to what they said about FF. Would be a great addition in that case I reckon. 

1 minute ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Talented but does not look like the most hard-working teams with Foriestieri, Hooper and Abdi renowned for their tracking back and helping out in defence.

A lot of luxury players in that line-up when Burnley showed that the way to promotion is hard work, discipline and supreme fitness/stamina. Boyd and Arfield are not wingers but work horses.

Forestieri not hard working? lol

8 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

How is he a replacement for McGugan?  Doesn't Abdi play wide??

15/16 - 2 goals in 31 wide (Prem)

14/15 - 9 goals in 33 central

13/14 - 2 goals in 13 central 

12/13 - 12 goals in 41 central

Played wide right in the Prem. Did his reduced goal tally come from not liking the position, or from it simply being such a massive step up in difficulty?

Either way, his goal record and his versatility make him look a very attractive proposition. 

4 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

Yeah I read the comments too similar to what they said about FF. Would be a great addition in that case I reckon. 

They said the same about Martin Taylor! 

In all seriousness Abdi would be the best midfielder in the division should we sign him.

10 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Sorry stocks, only able to post if I quote yours and only your post. Neil, your mobile site is still busted.

The more I think about it, the more I think we may see Abdi playing in Kieran Lee's position, with Lee replacing Wallace

We play with this asymmetric 4-4-2 shape with a wide left left man pushed wide, but then Wallace on the right sitting narrow. We know Lee can play wide (with some limited success) so I suspect we may see Abdi play in the Lee roll and then Lee replacing Wallace in that pseudo-wide roll on the right.

Maybe. I really don't know at this stage, our attacking prowess is overwhelming

11 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Lets just take a moment to imagine this

Fletcher  Hooper

Forestieri Bannan Lee Abdi

Pudil Hutch Lees  Hunt

Westwood

:baby:

Thats how I imagine Carlos would set up, and it looks fantastic. That is a promotion team IMO.

6 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Talented but does not look like the most hard-working teams with Foriestieri, Hooper and Abdi renowned for their tracking back and helping out in defence.

How many times do we see Fernando chasing back, winning the ball alongside his fellow terriers, then immediately turning defence into attack. He is outstanding at tracking back.

5 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Sorry but this is not quite correct. The main reason that FF has become a fans favourite is that he does track back, last season he would be dispossessing defenders on a regular basis and starting attacks, don't think you can have seen much of him with a comment like that. its the major difference between him and McGugan.   

6 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

a) Forestieri is one of the most hardworking players we have.

b) There's more than one way to win promotion - just because Burnley did it one way doesn't mean to say everyone has to aim to emulate them.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

15/16 - 2 goals in 31 wide (Prem)

14/15 - 9 goals in 33 central

13/14 - 2 goals in 13 central 

12/13 - 12 goals in 41 central

Played wide right in the Prem. Did his reduced goal tally come from not liking the position, or from it simply being such a massive step up in difficulty?

Either way, his goal record and his versatility make him look a very attractive proposition. 

According to the Watford fans, Abdi was UNHAPPY playing out wide instead of through the middle.

9 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Talented but does not look like the most hard-working team with Foriestieri, Hooper and Abdi not really renowned for their tracking back and helping out in defence.

do you go to games ?......