What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

54 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Pretty much my thoughts, if we can add real quality with those two purchases, a centre back, and a bit of steel in midfield, then bring in 2 or 3 loans to challenge, then we're talking about a serious challenge

The centre half situation is very worrying . We all know Hutch is a walking red card with glass knees ,and at some point he will be either injured or suspended. He is a quality player ,but we need another CB pronto . Lose Hutch and its Semedo ,as we cant really move Pudil to CB as we dont have another left back. 

Our next two signings need to be defenders in my opinion. 

Guest wilyfox

HECTOR JOINS FRANKFURT ON LOAN

Michael Hector has joined Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt on a season-long loan from Chelsea.

The 24-year-old Jamaica international joined Chelsea from Reading in September before being loaned back to the Championship club for the season.

i know some were keen on him. 

Amadou Diawara

Tutto Sport in Italy reported last night that Aston Villa have reached an agreement with Bologna for midfielder Amadou Diawara.

The 19-year-old, from Guinea, has only spent one season in the first-team set up at Bologna but excelled, and has attracted interest from a number of fellow Serie A clubs.

Villa are said to have bid €17m for Diawara, and as well as that offer being accepted, personal terms are thought to have been agreed too.

To complete our squad:

Left Back

Joe Bennett - Aston Villa

Luke Garbutt - Everton

Winger

Adam Reach - Middlesbrough

Calum McManaman - West Brom

Centre Midfielder

Dave Jones - Burnley

Stephen Gleeson - Birmingham

Centre Back

Tyler Blackett - Man U

A few names.  Struggling to see who we have been linked with at CB.

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Wolves are close to signing Lusoao from Benfica. They have offered him a two year deal worth £3m a year

They're going to go pop in a big way methinks...

They really have gone for the "Throw it at the wall and hope something sticks" strategy and I really can't see it serving them well

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

They're going to go pop in a big way methinks...

They really have gone for the "Throw it at the wall and hope something sticks" strategy and I really can't see it serving them well

Have to agree I'm afraid. I just can't see a strategy like that working in the championship. Tried and tested has to be the formula surely?