What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

Just been chatting to my housemate about this, she reckons they've not spent that much money as only signed two players on a permanent currently, and that it's more about getting the enjoyment back as last season was such a dirge. Similar sounds to what was made here about the Gray tenure. She just wants to see some good football back, doesn't expect anything more than mid-table.

Currently, she's not far wrong, but you can't help but feel that offering to pay an aging centre back nearly £60k a week for Championship football is going to upset the applecart good and proper if it goes through.

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Definitely and I hope they continue to spaff out on these players. It seems to me that Wolves spending is more of a display of wealth and intent to the league and fans rather than actually putting the pieces of a 'promotion' jigsaw together. David Jones may not be a sexy signing but he sure will be more effective and value for money than some of Wolves signings. 

Totally agree. Someone at the club's got their head screwed on. I hadn't thought of Jones before he signed. The more I read the more I like it.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Just been chatting to my housemate about this, she reckons they've not spent that much money as only signed two players on a permanent currently, and that it's more about getting the enjoyment back as last season was such a dirge. Similar sounds to what was made here about the Gray tenure. She just wants to see some good football back, doesn't expect anything more than mid-table.

Currently, she's not far wrong, but you can't help but feel that offering to pay an aging centre back nearly £60k a week for Championship football is going to upset the applecart good and proper if it goes through.

She fit? 

2 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Whereas the likes of Villa, Newcastle and Wolves seem to be throwing money at it for the sake of it and I don't think they're getting good value for money.

Villa and Newcastle can afford not to get good value as they have had players to sell and parachute payments. It is very risky for Wolves to do this especially as they seem to spending big on players new to England and the Championship.

1 minute ago, OxonOwl said:

Villa and Newcastle can afford not to get good value as they have had players to sell and parachute payments. It is very risky for Wolves to do this especially as they seem to spending big on players new to England and the Championship.

Bob on.

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Does she do a turn.

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Actually very, 5'3'', blonde, DD's... if you can put up with the brummie accent then you're laughing

Not sure her boyfriend would appreciate the attention mind you

Bet he thinks you're a tw@. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

1 minute ago, OxonOwl said:

Exactly. Parachute payments do away with fairness along with FFP, they seem to be there just to create a closed shop but big departures also help teams to bring in big signings. Newcastle and Villa can buy the League but at the moment it doesn't look like it's doing them much good when they still look like losing to most of the League. It's one thing having lots of money but you still gotta be smart with it, Villa, Newcastle and Wolves look daft and desperate, whereas us; Huddersfield, QPR and Bristol City look to be doing it smartly. Wolves seem to be gambling big time, like the likes of Middlesboro and Derby, which is risky because it could pay off like it did for Middlesboro in the end or worst case scenario as we know well ourselves could be like Bolton and Blackburn and numerous others.

3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Does she do a turn.

Having lived in the room below her for the last year, I can confirm she does do at least one turn. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Bet he thinks you're a twohat. 

Only took you three attempts to type that out, you're getting better! 

Nah, he thinks I'm alright... even if I do always rate their sex sessions out of 10 and tell him the score. 

35 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Having lived in the room below her for the last year, I can confirm she does do at least one turn. 

Only took you three attempts to type that out, you're getting better! 

Nah, he thinks I'm alright... even if I do always rate their sex sessions out of 10 and tell him the score. 

Keep marking him low, and eventually she'll be intrigued

Guest wilyfox
21 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Leeds have just signed Bridcutt for an undisclosed fee. Probably under £1M. Nothing special for me, wasn't great for them on loan. 

Completely disagree. They rose steadily up the table last season after he joined. Very good holding-mid at this level. 

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Completely disagree. They rose steadily up the table last season after he joined. Very good holding-mid at this level. 

Well, I guess I meant in terms of him coming to someone like ourselves. He's a great signing for a bottom half team I agree. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Well, I guess I meant in terms of him coming to someone like ourselves. He's a great signing for a bottom half team I agree. 

Like Buckley, Bridcutt helped Brighton to the playoffs in successive seasons. They are top-6 performers. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Don't think he would have been amiss here either. As it is, Jones is a bit more of an upgraded and flexible version so happy that we've got him instead, but if we announced we'd signed Bridcutt I would have been very happy knowing he'd get 15-20 starts this season in that type of squad role.