• Play off winner
    • Play off loser
    • Play off semi-finals
    • 7th-10th
    • 11th-15th
    • 16th-21st
    • Relegated

Guest The Horse

So has to be what you truly believe we can achieve no? Heart over head lol. We can vote again and be serious when we see our squad and what it's up against. But that means waiting

Ok, then!

Think Newcastle and a surprise like Brighton this year will take auto.

Leaving us in the play off final to slay the demons of the past weekend and take promotion.

Newcastle should win it , depends on the transfer activity in and out for A few teams , I expect playoff winners this time out if we get the right players in, if not play off heartache again.

After top six this season. My gut feeling after witnessing the atmosphere and emotion of the play offs and with Carlos' long term contract being sorted just before the final, DC and Carlos will go for it this season.

I never expected us to make the top six last summer. But now this summer I believe with just a couple or a few quality signings needed rather than a squad overhaul we can realistically aim for and achieve an automatic spot. I reckon it will be us; Newcastle, Norwich and Derby competeting for the promotion places. Voted 2nd position.

Top four.

Carlos' interview made it quite clear that he's ot strengthening targets in mind.

This squad, despite a few hiccups has come a along way. There's a clear spirit and a couple of decent transfers and we'll be there or thereabout again.

The championship is getting tougher each season. Relegated prem sides have 25 million each in parachute payments alone. We won't realistically get top two. Saturday really was our best chance to make it. With FFP I don't think DC can really compete on an even playing field with Newcastle, Villa, Norwich

The championship is getting tougher each season. Relegated prem sides have 25 million each in parachute payments alone. We won't realistically get top two. Saturday really was our best chance to make it. With FFP I don't think DC can really compete on an even playing field with Newcastle, Villa, Norwich

Boro went up automatically last season without parachute payments.

Yes, Boro did but they spent multi millions on individual players. I don't think DC will do that.

After DC's first transfer window that saw the likes of Vermill, Melo, Bus and Baker come to the club, I was doubtful whether I'd see the likes of Forrestieri and Hooper signing for the club for a combined sum in the region of £6.5m.

You never know, he might surprise a few people. The surgery required on this side is only relatively minor.

All I hear at the moment is how Newcastle and Aston Villa will walk the league next year but they require far more work over the summer than we do, perhaps a summer equally as hectic as we had last year.

Not only that but there'll be players at those clubs that won't want to play at this level and will make it known, will the dressing rooms be as harmonious as they will be at the likes of Wednesday and Brighton for example?

I'm also not 100% sure if Rafa Benitez will be suited to Championship football. He's a great manager but I'm not sure he'll be ready for midweek visits in January to the likes of Barnsley, Burton and Rotherham when sides just want to kick lumps out of his players.

I fully expect Norwich to be serious title contenders but Villa and Newcastle? I'm not so sure.

Trev, you make some very vaild points but we have to accept, we are going to be consistently out muscled financially by all the relegated sides. And that it is simply going to get worse from the end of next season. DC's dilemma will be to seriously compete with their spending power whilst considering the major implications that a breach of FFP and embargos will bring if it doesn't work

Anyone who doesn't think we will go for it after this season will be mistaken. We will go for it big time. Number one target even at 30 will be McCormack. That will set us back £10 mill. 2 wingers, a midfield hard man and a left back will set us back another £10 mill. 20 mill spent which is double this season. Reckon we made £5 mill from play offs? Increased season ticket sales etc etc. FFP covered?

I could be talking nonsense but Carlos has a dream. DC won't mess about. Expect renaming of stadium as well.

Going to be a cracking season and we will go toe to toe with Newcastle all the way winning league on last game of season.