• Play off winner
    • Play off loser
    • Play off semi-finals
    • 7th-10th
    • 11th-15th
    • 16th-21st
    • Relegated

Guest Paul Callaghan

5th r 6th even with added improvement the championship will be very tough next season

Just ask the expert Steve Claridge, he said that we have no quality fit for the premier league

and if we didnt win Saturday then we are f******.

Shocking because he loves us so much.....the total nob jockey,

how the flip that guy gets a job as a pundit beggars belief!!

Anyone who doesn't think we will go for it after this season will be mistaken. We will go for it big time. Number one target even at 30 will be McCormack. That will set us back £10 mill. 2 wingers, a midfield hard man and a left back will set us back another £10 mill. 20 mill spent which is double this season. Reckon we made £5 mill from play offs? Increased season ticket sales etc etc. FFP covered?

I could be talking nonsense but Carlos has a dream. DC won't mess about. Expect renaming of stadium as well.

Going to be a cracking season and we will go toe to toe with Newcastle all the way winning league on last game of season.

That's the dream even though I voted 2nd, If thats how it pans out i'll take that any day

Yes, Boro did but they spent multi millions on individual players. I don't think DC will do that.

Well he will more than likely fail in his promotion by our 150th anniversary ambition then

I feel like we missed a huge chance to go up on Saturday & fear it could be mid-table mediocrity for us next season. 3 strong teams coming down, others living off parachute payments, others like us with a chairman who's willing to chuck some money at it, I've gone 11th-15th, hope I'm wrong.

Got to be champions.

Surely we'll never be higher in the betting than at this time.

We must win a league -- please. Every time we've gone up before in my Wednesday World (remember that?) it's always been second or third. Come on - let's have a league title before I die!!

5th r 6th even with added improvement the championship will be very tough next season

I don't think it will be , Paul.

I have a soft spot for Villa (they used to have a great fan base, if nothing else) but they absolutely stink, now, and Newcastle have been living on that "Geordies are always tough and strong and great at football" myth so long that it's got mushrooms growing on it. It's just not true. They underperform again and again and again (bit like us!!). Derby and Brighton will be the main dangers, I think

Guest wilyfox

I'd make a prediction beginning of August before the season starts, but not now. Need to see how we and others recruit first.

It will depend who we bring in and what positions.

I dont care what T'owd Kickaball says, unless we can bring in players who can physically dominate the midfield, a forward, or two, with pace we will struggle to reproduce the top 6 finish of this season.

I am sure Mr Chansiri will appreciate how far we have come this season. I don't think its always a question of chucking loads of money at it to buy overpriced, overpaid players ...we need a bit of luck in the transfer market and we need to use the loan market better than we have done this season.

That said , statistically it is always difficult for a losing team in the playoffs to bounce back to the same heights as the previous season , although Boro have done quite well here after their defeat to Norwich. In my view if we can get a direct speedy winger with good delivery, a powerful midfielder to protect Bannan and Co , and a younger centre back to partner Lees, allied to Joao bulking up and getting better through experience of playing we could challenge for playoffs again or possibly finish top two.

Without these improvements and with competition from the relegated clubs and ambitious clubs like Bristol City, Wigan and a few others i can sadly see 10th-midtable .

We had a BIG chance last weekend but we were beaten by a better side with a bit more nous and experience on the day.

Carlos has to be ruthless with the squad.

I have no idea how you get from just missing out on promotion to looking over our shoulders at Brixtol City in one easy step.

A thread was posted recently thst shows that, in fact, most playoff runners up have gone on to do well in subsequent seasons.

Of course standing still would be a mistake but who says we have any intention of standing still?

You'd better believe it.....that was our chance at the weekend and we didn't take it. I'm encouraged by Mr Chansiris statement but be assured that IN ADDITION to the obvious clubs who are going to be challenging us i guarantee there will be others with similar ambitions to us who are prepared to spend big. I tip Bristol City, Wigan, QPR , Wolves to be challenging at some point along with Villa, Newcastle, Brighton, Derby, Norwich.

For sure it will be tougher next season ....

Clubs get relegated from the premiership with parachute payments EVERY SEASON.

Other clubs strengthen EVERY SEASON.

Getting promoted out of this division will be difficult this season, like EVERY SEASON.