Travel to Wembley

Really? So just put my card on scanner and it let's me through?

Not a clue how it works

It's like an underground train which transports people to various "tube" stations across London. 

Really? So just put my card on scanner and it let's me through?

Not a clue how it works

Think you need to register your contact-less card on the Oyster website first but doesn't cost anything to do.

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/contactless

https://oyster.tfl.gov.uk/oyster/entry.do

You touch your contactless card (or iPhone, Apple Watch or other contactless enabled device)* on the card reader exactly as you would with an Oyster card. It costs exactly the same, but it saves you out of towners from having credit on an oyster card which you barely use.

You don't need to register your card to a login on the tfl website, but it means you can keep track of your spend if you do.

* because of the way Apple Pay is set up, you should always use the same device to touch in and out. Don't touch in with an iPhone and touch out with a bank card, for example, even if it is the same card.

I've been to a few NFL games in the last couple of years and it's easier than you'd think, although It really depends on how quick you get out.

Can take less than an hour, can take more.

You have a choice of Tubes, Metropolitan Line direct to KingsX, or Jubilee Line change at Baker St onto Circle, takes about the same time.

Tips:

Get a seat on the North side of the stadium which is the Wembley Way side and you can be nearly 30 minutes ahead in the queue compared to walking round from the other side.

They stop people on Wembley way to control the flow of people into the station, but a quick look at Google Maps will reveal a way round which gets you straight to the front of the queue.

Given the amount of people they are trying to move, it works surprisingly well.

Thanks mate

So allowing for tube journey itself and logistics of getting to platform at Kings Cross, I need to be leaving about 8pm? May miss trophy lifting if it goes to pens (flippin football league 😡)

Train booked last night.

The met line and baker st will be a nightmare, A potentially less stressful way is via the overground from Euston to Watford junction, get off at Wembley Central, fast train takes 9 mins!! bit further to walk to stadium but very manageable

Guest Robster01

Anyone trying the 20:56 from London back to Sheff? Could be possible if we get out quickly from the ground but not sure its worth the risk

Guest Robster01

Hi. It's 45 minutes on tube and that's before waiting time and walk from Wembley. You are potentially 1h15 from the stadium to central London.

I would say no.

Cheers mate, hope some match day special trains get put on then

I'm going(hopefully) by train from Brussels to St Pancreas, purely because Brussels Airport after the terrorist attack is a no go area, then a 30 minute tube ride to Wembley.......can't bloody wait.

*If anyone is thinking about flying to or from Brussels in the near future, don't.......they've made a bad situation a million times worse, it's chaos.

Terrorists 1 v Belgium 0.

Guest Robster01

Plus, it's quite a walk from Wembley to the tube, from what I can remember.

It's doable, but a huge scrape.

Megabus or national express?

Megabus at 1am Sunday morning looks reyt