Travel to Wembley

Guest In_Milan_We_Trust

Me + 2 Driving down first thing Saturday Morning (6.30am) to Golders Green Hotel, park in their free car park check in (£79 for a triple room) then out on the pop from about 9.30am. Its going to be epic.

WAWAW

So how are people getting there and how much?

Probably drive to somewhere like Luton or Bedford and pick up the train in . cant be doing with the car park that is the end of the M1. 

Guest mkowl

Just advanced warning there is roadworks on the M1 at Leicester, then at the M6 junction and a longer stretch from Jn 18 to 16. Shouldn't be too much of an issue in itself - but will take 20 minutes or so longer

The more fun will be them doing overnight roadworks on the way back - hopefully as its bank holiday weekend they will not be idiots

Waiting for an announcement from the club regarding train travel. I believe they are in talks with East Midlands Trains today to try and get some match day specials sorted.

If nothing is announced, then we'll be paying the full £75 from Sheffield to London.

Booked first class from Donny to Kings Cross.

As already asked in the away travel section, what's the approximate lead time from leaving my seat to getting on the tube at Wembley Park? I'm on the last train at 21:56 and a bit concerned i could be cutting it fine if it goes to extra time and pens.

Booked first class from Donny to Kings Cross.

As already asked in the away travel section, what's the approximate lead time from leaving my seat to getting on the tube at Wembley Park? I'm on the last train at 21:56 and a bit concerned i could be cutting it fine if it goes to extra time and pens.

I've been to a few NFL games in the last couple of years and it's easier than you'd think, although It really depends on how quick you get out.

Can take less than an hour, can take more.

You have a choice of Tubes, Metropolitan Line direct to KingsX, or Jubilee Line change at Baker St onto Circle, takes about the same time.

Tips:

Get a seat on the North side of the stadium which is the Wembley Way side and you can be nearly 30 minutes ahead in the queue compared to walking round from the other side.

They stop people on Wembley way to control the flow of people into the station, but a quick look at Google Maps will reveal a way round which gets you straight to the front of the queue.

Given the amount of people they are trying to move, it works surprisingly well.