New club crest

As far as I am concerned he can do what he likes, he hasn't taken the mick and is bringing back some of our heritage. The current badge is newish and the 80's badge I liked but imo he deserves the right to do as he pleases.

Why do new Chairmen have to meddle, it devides us, and it's not good.

He meddled with the pitch, the manager and the squad too!!! Take it that was ok though?

I actually like the crest. People are well within their rights to voice opinion although I'll never understand the need for expletives in some posts.

New Thai owner changes club badge.....if the potential for disaster is lost on you there then it shouldn't be. Our chairman is clearly intelligent, passionate and sensitive, that doesn't mean he'll always be able to please everyone, it just means he'll try to.

Our history is Waddle, Sheridan, Hirsty and Nilsson pumping them in with only the minimalist owl.

Its growing on me. 

Much prefer it to the 1990s version.

I reckon people of a similar age to me (mid 30's) will struggle to love it.  Will take some time...

It's so different to the early 90's feel that has such fond memories associated with it - personally would go straight back to the shieldless version of the existing one, really understated but striking - but then I'm not the chairman either.

Fair play to him for making a bold move - he's made this club alive again.

Suggests we may have yellow/gold on our shirts again though alongside the blue and white - which IS a throwback to the 90's :)

Stop harking back to the 90's all you people who are doing nothing of the sort.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest Theboylangers

It was a sneak preview of the new badge that convinced Hooper to sign.FACT.

Not overly keen but it is what it is, a new identity for the club.

Does anyone know if it's permanent or not?

I feel the club should have come up with three designs and let the fans vote for which one we wnated. Afteralll , its us fans who buy the shirts with the new badge on .

As long as it was just 3 year season ticket holders who were allowed to vote I'd be all for that.

People seemed to be rather upset over it. It's not a brand new design and I think it's alright - though I'm a big fan of the shieldless 80's owl, I think it's good to change now and again. And with 150 years coming up, and older design seems suitable

Guest SnookerOwl

absolutely horrific.

It's not even well-rendered.  Looks bad Harry Potter.  Or some medieval times frippery.  why why why, you were doing so well, Mr. Chairman!

And from the official site missive, it doesn't sound like it's a one-year only thing.  Ugh.

what's really killing me is the absolute perfection it is replacing.

Exactly!

Our current badge is beautiful.

This one is just hideous.

Hope this move signals how much DC wants to change about this club.

Merchandise needs an overhaul. Most of the stuff in there is just tat that no one wants. And there's not much of it. We've got quite a large shop...but it's empty.

We've also got shop that still has advertising pictures on the walls...of stock that is out of date and not available. We've genuinely got a big picture in there of Antonio wearing the kit from our first season back in the championship!

So much needs sorting. This club has ridiculous potential and we could be up there with the big boys once more But we need a top to bottom re-shuffle.

The shop is a lot better than people think, it's much improved over the last couple of years.

As for the badge, ffs it's a badge. Are people genuinely pissed off or does it just give them something to do of an evening?