New club crest

Hopefully we're building a club for 5, 10 even 25 years in the future.

A 'new' club, based on the ethos of the past but totally new almost from the ground up.

Kids will embrace they new badge, because it'll be all they know.

I'm very excited - this is more than just a bloke chucking money at getting promotion and his face in the paper. This is a project...

Bang on. Top post.

Id say the response on here is about 90-10 in favour

I'm really surprised that so many people have bad taste

I feel like I woke up this morning with Megan fox and tonight I'll be going to bed with sonya from Eastenders

It's just really really bland

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So you think people preferring a crest from a certain era (because they liked the crest) is the same as 'harking back' to that era and expecting the same team to come back? I'm pretty sure one of those quotes was tongue-in-cheek by the way.

So many people are reading too much into these comments. Some just don't like the new (old) crest and some do. That's all it boils down to at the end of the day. It's not a big conspiracy, one way or the other.

And what bearing does the badge have on all of the above?

A badge will bring no more fanbase, no more income.

What will bring those things is a winning team.

Have a look at Manchester United's badge.

(They're possibly the biggest club in the world, in case you hadn't noticed).

Manchester United's badge is a relatively modern reworking of what they had previously.  It's busy but it's not overly fetishising the past.  

For a club like SWFC that's nowhere near a Manchester United on the global stage or on the success level, you grab whatever bit of brand recognition you can.  You can't fall back on a  treble or champions league places to help with globalization.

I feel like I woke up this morning with Megan fox and tonight I'll be going to bed with sonya from Eastenders

So everyone who likes it has bad taste? Opinions are opinions, you can't say everyone who likes it are wrong

So you think people preferring a crest from a certain era (because they liked the crest) is the same as 'harking back' to that era and expecting the same team to come back? I'm pretty sure one of those quotes was tongue-in-cheek by the way.

So many people are reading too much into these comments. Some just don't like the new (old) crest and some do. That's all it boils down to at the end of the day. It's not a big conspiracy, one way or the other.

Exactly. If it was just for our anniversary I would be for it as it celebrates or history but as the permanent gave of our club I think it's horrid, messy and without focus and ways the beautiful simplicity that our current well known badge has become.

I can appreciate an edwardian sideboard off the antiques roadshow. Doesn't mean I would want it in my house

Haha, you estimate yourself to be in a minority of 10% that are against and yet you're still convinced the other 90% are the ones with bad taste.

We've avoided the minefield that was a completely new design in favour of the traditional, for me that's a win in itself.

As Flyingowl said in a previous post, the one positive everyone should take from this is that from the top to the bottom of our club no stone will be left unturned by this chairman in his efforts to improve us in an ambitious and sympathetic manner.

Guest Grez Bez

Manchester United's badge is a relatively modern reworking of what they had previously.  It's busy but it's not overly fetishising the past.  

For a club like SWFC that's nowhere near a Manchester United on the global stage or on the success level, you grab whatever bit of brand recognition you can.  You can't fall back on a  treble or champions league places to help with globalization.

Everything you have posted in this thread has been bang on!

It looks likes its drawn by a 3 year old. It will look terrible on merchandise

If you like it, like I do, that's great. But if you don't there is no need to make a massive fuss. Chansiri has the right to change the badge and if he likes this one that is all that matters. At the end of the day it is only a badge.

But if you don't like it you are wrong.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :biggrin: