Hooper - the talks are over. Welcome back to SWFC

If he scores a couple tomorrow it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a chance with Norwich in the prem.

That worries me too, especially with them offloading Grabban and not having secured Naismith yet.

Probably a big ask, but we really could do with tying up a permanent deal today.

For £35k a week we could probably get both Wickham and Bamford on loan to the end of the season, now thatwould be exciting !

Why would you swap something that MIGHT work well, for something that IS working well?

Our current line up with Hoops is working like a dream.

We don't seem prepared to spend the sort of money needed to get anyone better, so I would say it's quite important that we secure his services, at least until the end of the season. He's had a slow start, a very slow start in fact, but there are signs that he's getting better all the time. He fits in here, and Carlos likes him, so we should try and make it happen

Guest oasisowl81

For £35k a week we could probably get both Wickham and Bamford on loan to the end of the season, now thatwould be exciting !

Stick to the ticket price threads cos tha's talking proper bobbar here.

We don't seem prepared to spend the sort of money needed to get anyone better, so I would say it's quite important that we secure his services, at least until the end of the season. He's had a slow start, a very slow start in fact, but there are signs that he's getting better all the time. He fits in here, and Carlos likes him, so we should try and make it happen

Two or three of the players that have signed extensions have cited Carlos as a major reason for doing so.  Carlos has stated very publically that Hooper was the player that he wanted to sign from "day one" and he has also been very patiently and very publically backed Hooper when said player was "getting up to speed" - that surely is a positive and attractive thing. 

Hooper was not being considered for the first team at his parent club, he is playing regularly now in a team with which he is finding his scoring touch, he must know that Carlos believes in him and he obviously has a good relationship with his SWFC teammates.  Why on earth would he not sign a permanent contract at Wednesday? 

Further comments from AN re: Hooper...

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich_city_transfer_update_alex_neil_on_sebastian_haller_deal_talk_ben_godfrey_move_and_the_latest_on_gary_hooper_s_future_1_4380946

The striker’s current Hillsborough loan deal expires after this weekend’s latest round of Championship fixtures, but the Owls have made it clear they want to keep Hooper.

“There is nothing happening in that direction at the moment, in terms of a permanent deal,” said Neil. “We have spoken to Sheffield Wednesday but there doesn’t seem to be any agreement in place, be it an extended loan or a permanent deal. As far as I am aware they can do another loan. I don’t think there have been any extensive negotiations or anything in the pipeline right now. At this present moment he is coming back as it stands.

Further comments from AN re: Hooper...

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich_city_transfer_update_alex_neil_on_sebastian_haller_deal_talk_ben_godfrey_move_and_the_latest_on_gary_hooper_s_future_1_4380946

The striker’s current Hillsborough loan deal expires after this weekend’s latest round of Championship fixtures, but the Owls have made it clear they want to keep Hooper.

“There is nothing happening in that direction at the moment, in terms of a permanent deal,” said Neil. “We have spoken to Sheffield Wednesday but there doesn’t seem to be any agreement in place, be it an extended loan or a permanent deal. As far as I am aware they can do another loan. I don’t think there have been any extensive negotiations or anything in the pipeline right now. At this present moment he is coming back as it stands.

Alex Neil doesn't speak in the definitive there and my guess is that is quite deliberate.  It's all "doesn't seem" and "I don't think".  Typical guarded manager talk.  

We all seem to agree that CC and DC have employed a "try before you buy" policy with some players. We've tried Hooper and he's proved himself.  I feel confident that DC will buy - even if it's a significant amount of money. 

I have noticed one thing in particular about our current management, and about any deals that have been struck, particularly since Chansri took over. Virtually the only comment from the club has been an announcement by the club that X has signed for Wednesday on either loan or y years' contract. CC has done almost no specific announcement until deals have been done. The rest has been pure speculation from Press.

Alex Neil doesn't speak in the definitive there and my guess is that is quite deliberate. It's all "doesn't seem" and "I don't think". Typical guarded manager talk.

We all seem to agree that CC and DC have employed a "try before you buy" policy with some players. We've tried Hooper and he's proved himself. I feel confident that DC will buy - even if it's a significant amount of money.

I think we would have heard about a bid by now if that were the case.

Alex Neil doesn't speak in the definitive there and my guess is that is quite deliberate. It's all "doesn't seem" and "I don't think". Typical guarded manager talk.

We all seem to agree that CC and DC have employed a "try before you buy" policy with some players. We've tried Hooper and he's proved himself. I feel confident that DC will buy - even if it's a significant amount of money.

Maybe it was all sorted out before the start of the loan?  Can you honestly imagine a "man of action" such as Mr C not being in discussion with Norwich about signing Hooper?  Given the player's current form and CC's admiration of Hooper, it just doesn't make sense for Mr C not to be trying to bring said player to SWFC. 

Edited by shandypants