Matchday Improvements

Think new scoreboard is great, especially replays.

Obviously the pre match street entertainers didn't work, and I don't think Mooncakes are outselling Pies, but what single other improvement can you think of to improve the Matchday experience.

I'll go for a man of match SWFC app on phone where supporters can vote ten miutes before time for their man of match and winner comes up on scoreboard at final whistle.

You're going to get people in this thread saying 'who cares as long as we're playing the way we are'. The point is, people do care about the little things. It's a subject that was brought up in the steering group meeting.

Man of the match vote would be a good idea. 

Only problem I see is that it could step on the toes of the match day sponsors who pay poo poo loads to sponsor the match...and one of the perks of doing so is getting to choose the man of the match & present the champagne at the end of the game.

I still think half time entertainment is an issue. I'm not rating the current 'game', though it's a million times better than kick the ball in the bin. The prize is only fantastic if you're a gambler (I would love it lol) & it is too easy. At first the plan was that a youth keeper was going to be in net...then it was one of the community coaches...and now it's Ozzie Owl. 

Bolton do a good half time game. Someone smacks the ball miles into the air & you have to catch it. You can get some hilarious results...especially in wet conditions.

Would also like to adopt what a few clubs are doing right now where the fans choose the match day music by tweeting in suggestions during the week. 

Edited by FlyingOwl

You're going to get people in this thread saying 'who cares as long as we're playing the way we are'. The point is, people do care about the little things. It's a subject that was brought up in the steering group meeting.

Man of the match vote would be a good idea. 

Only problem I see is that it could step on the toes of the match day sponsors who pay poo poo loads to sponsor the match...and one of the perks of doing so is getting to choose the man of the match & present the champagne at the end of the game.

I still think half time entertainment is an issue. I'm not rating the current 'game', though it's a million times better than kick the ball in the bin. The prize is only fantastic if you're a gambler (I would love it lol) & it is too easy. At first the plan was that a youth keeper was going to be in net...then it was one of the community coaches...and now it's Ozzie Owl. 

Bolton do a good half time game. Someone smacks the ball miles into the air & you have to catch it. You can get some hilarious results...especially in wet conditions.

Would also like to adopt what a few clubs are doing right now where the fans choose the match day music by tweeting in suggestions during the week. 

A long post... really the solution boils down to one thing:

Strippers, and lots of them. 

I like the pre match pie offers - obviously studies or feedback went into whether or not that was financially viable.

It's one thing to encourage fans to get to the ground early, but I don't think there's enough to keep them there.

Closing off the Shop car park and having entertainment stuff for the kids in there?

I'm certain we can get much better value from our new scoreboard - lets face it, it's not currently doing much except showing some adverts.  We get the lineup, scores and birthday messages which we had before, just in B&W.

I remember Man City last year, they had presenters going around the stadium with cameras and microphones - don't think that would cost much given the infrastructure is already existing.  

Some interesting stuff here.

I'm always surprised at the 'other stuff' that people would like.

I'm going to be the one Flyingowl.... The best improvements for me have been Bannan and FF!

Habits I suppose. Never really bothered me too much.

Get in the ground. Watch the game. Quick tinkle at half time, but even them I'm back to my seat as soon as.

We live in different times certainly.