Carlos Carvalhal Appointed Head Coach - OFFICIAL

Lets give him a chance... and some £££'s.

He doesn't excite or inspire me personally, his record is hardly the kind of thing to make people sit up and take notice... lets hope DC and the 'Committee' know what they are doing.

Tbf many people hadn't heard of the Watford coach who got them into the prem. we might get some favours from his buddy Mourinho.

Still trying to get Cooper in according to Dommy Howson

Looks like the plan all along to me- Cooper as assistant. People can bang on all they want about wanting to be a number one, but I wouldn't imagine Mark Cooper is rolling in it, and if we offer him a good pay rise with incentives for promotion that will far exceed anything he'd get for getting Seindon up, then he'll have to think very carefully.

So in everyday life a 36 year old who's never kept a job for 5 minutes is as good as someone who's been successful and loyal to a few employers?

Success cannot be guaranteed in football whoever you bring in, but making a calculated decision based on previous success, methodology and loyalty is usually the way to go to. It's common sense. Carvahal is a total punt and his backgroung shows he won't be here for long.

I'll get behind him but I think next season is going to be an expensive learning curve for Chansiri.

You don't know either of those statements.

Stop stating your opinions as facts to make your argument seem more solid.

I'm sure that DC and co' have given thorough consideration to all candidates who stepped forward. If they believe that CC is the best man all round for the job (brand of football, contacts, cost etc) then that's good enough for me.

Why won't he be here long? I mean. Football's a fickle game anyway, managers come and go all the time. Why are you picking CC out for not staying at a club for long? Stuart Gray hasn't been kept on at a club for more than 2 seasons. European football is even less forgiving and fickle than English football so I can understand if CC has had poo poo loads of clubs. A lot of them, bar Braga and Porto, have been diddy clubs anyway who probably have high turnovers in managers because they're striving to get some sort of success/the manager gets fed up of a small time budget.

I'm not saying that CC is 100% the man to get us up. I'm saying that we don't know, no one knows. And the ones best place to make the best guess at whether CC will be a success have decided to appoint him.

We could have hired Sam Allardyce and he could have got us relegated. Football is unpredictable. Just because someone has been a success at one club....it doesn't always reflect on his next club. The same goes for if a manager has not been that successful and has floated from club to club trying to settle. 

Let's just see how this pans out. There is no point in moaning/feeling cheated or whatever. Just deal with what we've got & support him the best way we can.

Not overly keen on this appointment. I'll give it a try as I wasnt a big Gray fan. However I do worry that with a big increase in season tickets that should we not start so well fans will demand instant success.

posted this earlier but this guy seems to have got some decent experience © linkedink

Bruno Lage

Coach Al Ahli F.C. Dubai August 2012– Present (2 years 11 months)

Season 13 / 14 - Reserve Team

Season 12 / 13 – Under-19

(Open)1 recommendation

• ghost_person_40x40_v1.png Manuel Gomes Controller (Account and Taxes) at Siemens, SA

Bruno is a big trainer with a vast technical knowledge. I consider a big driver of teams Worked with him in the Sport Lisbon and Benfica and know well his workView

06b2f2a.png Coach Sport Lisboa e Benfica July 2004– July 2012(8 years 1 month)

Season 11 / 12 – Under-17

Season 10 / 11 – Under-17

Season 09 / 10 – Under-17

Season 08 / 09 – Under-15

Season 07 / 08 – Under-15

Season 06 / 07 – Under-19

Season 05 / 06 – Under-17 and Under-11

Season 04 / 05 – Under-16 and Under-11

Education

Football Federation of England UEFA Study Group - Elite Youth Football 2012– 2012

Activities and Societies: Theorical and practical sessions with the English FA national teams and coaches, Chelsea FC, Reading FC and Watford FC. (Including visits to Chelsea Academy and Reading Academy).

Football Federation of Portugal UEFA Basic Licence, Football

Instituto Superior de Ciências da Saúde-Sul Bachelor of Science (BSc), Sciences of Physical Education, Health and Sports

Honors & Awards

Additional Honors & Awards

Sport Lisboa e Benfica

Season 2011-2012

Named “Coach of the Year”, on the 108th Sport Lisboa e Benfica anniversary GalaSeason 2010-2011

Winner of the U17 national championship

Season 2009-2010

Named “Coach of the Year”, on the 106th Sport Lisboa e Benfica anniversary Gala

Season 2008-2009

Winner of the U15 national championship

Season 2005-2006

Winner of the U11 championship

Winner of the Dunluce Trophy at Milk Cup - International Youth Football Tournament - U17, Northern Ireland

Season 2004-2005

Winner of the U11 championship

Estrela Futebol Clube, de Vendas Novas

Season 2002-2003

Runner-up of the 3rd Division-F Series; promotion to the 2nd Division B

Yes, but has he ever watched a championship game on a cold Tuesday night?

Well he's got the gig officially now.

Time to crack on and get working with the players and get us ready for the new season.

Not who I'd have appointed.

But then that's what Arsenal Fans said about the barely known alsation Arsene Wenger when he rocked up at Highbury.