Carlos Carvalhal Appointed Head Coach - OFFICIAL

Good luck to him, everyone needs to get behind him and whatever team lines up at the start of the season.

Hopefully we don't end up just getting all Portuguese players in though... hopefully someone will still be nudging him in the direction of proven Championship players at the least

So why announce it so late when he got the job 2 weeks ago? And why can't the press conference be tomorrow? If he's got time to take training he's got time to give a conference. Just seems so fishy and such a bizarre way of doing things.

I agree it sounds fishy, and find it bizarre its been announced at this time, however, that's the only reason I can think off. the picture on the OS shows him with the shirt in daylight, so why not announce it earlier today

So we really did contemplate changing the set up just to get Cooper on board

Bizarre

Dunno mate. I reckon CC was always going to be head coach, with Cooper coming in as an assistant / coach type role. I would guess the fact Cooper wouldn't have full control is a sticking point.

Who knows though. Nixon was reporting that CC was coming in as manager a week ago....

Ahh well, maybe it will all come out in the wash.

So you don't think they will have watched a single game of us between them?? Nor Bournemouth or Watford? Muppet

It's a question worth asking, clown. After all, they are tasked with getting us promoted.

Radio Sheffield interviewed a Portuguese (I think) football pundit a few weeks ago, someone who knows far more about the football culture over there than you and me.  He suggested that it was very common for managers to have short reigns in Portgual (and on the continent in general), it was just how they did things.

Its quite interesting to listen to, and he suggested that it should not be a concern to us that Carvalhal had lots of clubs for perhaps only a year or so at a time.  Its not an indicator of him being a rubbish coach or anything like that.  We only think its weird over here because its not how its traditionally been done in England.

think this is getting more common in Spain as well. Interesting to know that it was said on the radio the other day that the average tenure for managers in the Championship is less than a year. Not sure about that TBH