Carlos Carvalhal Appointed Head Coach - OFFICIAL

@domhowson: Led to believe Bruno Lage is a coach, Joao Mario a fitness coach and Joao Cunha a video analyst. Will firm that up. #SWFC #starlive

Yeah Bruno Lage is a coach with a record of coaching youth. Wonder what that means for Bullen?

Still think there's another appointment due in Carvalhal's assistant.

Twenty to eleven on a Tuesday night?

Odd.

See below my theory posted in the other thread about this announcement.

It's obviously been announced now because of the clamour to sign Pearson after his sacking. My guess is that it was to be announced on Thursday at the scheduled press conference when Mr C attends but his he has been forced to reveal his hand because of this evenings events at LCFC.

Not read the thread to see what others think yet, but I couldn't help but smile when I saw it was confirmed on the OS.

I'm looking forward to the ride, and hopefully some entertaining football along the way for a change. (Not a dig at Stuart, considering the lack of signings he was able to make)

Do people not agree with watching videos of opponents and players then?

Seems like a pretty good idea to me.

There will be at least one Brian Clough quote about not bothering with what the opposition are doing before this thread dies.

Bloody hell, first we have fans complaining he doesn't communicate with us, but then when he does have something to say others start to call him 'desperate'!

Best fans in the world us, honest...  :biggrin:

I'm just giving my opinion on how it reads, he says the same thing about the fans needing to get behind this about 4 times in a row.

I am not being negative about this, I am open minded about the appointment, want Carvalhal to succeed and will be behind him and the team, I just don't think the chairman needs to keep reiterating it in the statement about appointing a new head coach. Formally announcing something most fans have suspected for a while at 10.30pm is a little bit weird.

I hope this puts all the Cooper debacle to bed and Carvalhal can shape the back-room staff he is comfortable with, as appears to be the case.

video analysis of football was pretty much pushed forward by big sam and his team. at one point there were ex team members taking their knowledge to just about every prem team. I think we even had one of them.

I worked with one at man city on a shoot.

It's a harder job than you'd imagine. involves lots of statistical analysis, database entry and development.

All pretty impressive and like a real life version of football manager.

anyway, moaners STFU. lets get on with this.

Good luck carlos

Edited by POWP