Carlos Carvalhal Appointed Head Coach - OFFICIAL

The most confusing thing for me is why he hasn't been able to hold a job down for a very long time.

I know a few times he chose to go to better clubs, but he couldn't hold those jobs.

Maybe be always starts badly, like his opening 10 games with us, and that is enough to get him the sack abroad.

He has had us playing the best football i've ever seen at Wednesday, it's hard to believe at times. Yes he's had money at his disposable. But he's put together a completely new squad with so many different faces and they go out every week as if they've played together for years. Man is a genius.

he's found some gems who were struggling at their previous club; given them belief, a purpose and praise. A genius, maybe not yet - but on the way.

The most confusing thing for me is why he hasn't been able to hold a job down for a very long time.

I know a few times he chose to go to better clubs, but he couldn't hold those jobs.

Maybe be always starts badly, like his opening 10 games with us, and that is enough to get him the sack abroad.

They say that coaching in Turkey means that if you lose two matches on the trot then the club will probably have someone ready to take over should you lose the third... the most important thing for me is what the fans of some of his clubs have said about him...pretty much what we are finding now...tactically aware...good at building a team and a team ethos...with bags of personality

The fans at Besiktas were big fans of his by all account.

Has all been really impressive..

He's clearly done his homework prior to joining us and had a really good knowledge of the league and the sort of players he wanted.

He's also built upon and improved the spine of the side which was there.

He seems to have all the attributes of a top manager tactically aware eye for a player game management and knows is own mind on topic of all that he comes across as a really nice guy I just hope any hiccups don't see the club panic we have a good un here

Finding it hard to be too fussed either way here, definitely more optimistic than pessimistic though. We are trying something a bit different so I'm rolling with it. No point crying that hes a bit of an unknown. So what? Loads of people are until they make their mark.

I back every manager and player and think they'll all be fine. Reight happy clapper me. Probably better for my sanity and stress levels though having read some of the drivel posted on this site recently. I really hope the theory that loads of posters are pigs or on the wind up is true, otherwise we have got some seriously crazy fans.

I'm now more positive than ever. What an appointment this guy has turned out to be.