GRAY GONE - OFFICIAL

Shows how far we are behind in the recruitment process.

Should have been sacked at the end of the season.

Pray to god they have someone lined up. IMMEDIATELY

Not necessarily. There's a whole committee working on bringing players in for the coach to coach. That's kind of the whole point.

Although I think he did a decent job, and was a thoroughly nice guy, anyone in this thread demonstrating anger at this decision can't have been to many games at home last season. It was turgid.

This!!!

There was some absolute dross served up at home in front of the Chansiri's post takeover and I was a little surprised he didn't go at the end of the season.

The timing is poor but I honestly can't remember a season where I've been do bored so often watching Wednesday at home like I was last season.

Glad to see him go but very poor timing, I just hope that we already have someone lined up.

Fair enough decision if it had happened at the end of the season but at this point its a joke. Either someone with a proven track record has suddenly become available or its become clear over the last few weeks that Gray isn't comfortable with the Committee approach. 

Big Sam anyone?

Edited by mogbad

Why are people so angry ?

No idea really... I now feel like I can start to get excited about our future without the fear of watching another 23 games of (expensively assembled) turgid bore-fests at Hillsborough next season.

Will still reserve final judgement until the appointment is announced however.

Gray will get another job off the back of his time here - rightly so.

I feel for him. But whether I think changing the manager is a good or bad decision will depend entirely on who the replacement is. 

We only know half the equation at the minute.

That being said, if it's Sven I might cry a bit. 

I'm pretty sure they knew they weren't going to keep him a while ago, which makes the timing seem odd.

As others have said, could have gone a month or two ago. 

Would have given him time to get himself set up elsewhere.

Also given the new man time to assess things.

Of course nothing should ever come as a shock in this game.

The positive is that they didn't let him spend money and then force the players on the new man who might not have wanted them.

Big questions to be answered now.

Will that be the end of us wanting Mcgugan? Really hope not.

Perhaps the reason it's only happened now is that the man DC wanted has only just decided he will take the job on. Got a feeling it will be a foreign coach, please don't be Sven or Petrescu, Lambert can stay away too

Edited by WalthamOwl

I cannot hide my agreement with the decision, having been saying for weeks he should go.  Should have been sacked in the first week after the season ended though but at least the new man should have a say in the new team signings.

This!!!

There was some absolute dross served up at home in front of the Chansiri's post takeover and I was a little surprised he didn't go at the end of the season.

The timing is poor but I honestly can't remember a season where I've been do bored so often watching Wednesday at home like I was last season.

Glad to see him go but very poor timing, I just hope that we already have someone lined up.

This exactly Trev.