ROGER JOHNSON?

As third choice centre back we could do worse. He'd have to take a massive wage drop thoug. I'm not saying we can't afford his wages, but not for a back up player.

Could be he's thinking less wages is better than no wages.

He was good for us when he was here. Coming to the end of his career so might accept a wage cut.

We could do worse. I accept we all want young up and coming players but an older head is no bad thing particularly if he is a leader.

At the right salary he would be a decent signing but I wouldn't over pay.

Call me a snob but I thought we'd be thinking a bit better than Roger Johnson.

Wouldn't disagree with that. While I thought he did ok for us I'd hope we'd be looking at something better or of an age where we can expect improvement rather than decline.

Now this is a big leap, because i'm comparing an ex England player of massive stature and the two players are quite apart in many terms, not least the level these two players had their relative high points of their career, but in our current position in the second tier it's a good comparison.

I remember us signing Viv Anderson and thinking WTF does this fossil have to offer our side?   I was totally wrong.   I would not see Johnson as a bad signing.

Wouldn't disagree with that. While I thought he did ok for us I'd hope we'd be looking at something better or of an age where we can expect improvement rather than decline.

I'd have loved to have seen your reaction to the signing of Mick Lyons.