ROGER JOHNSON?

He had his chance with us and snubbed us to be a big time Charlie, if this is Roeders idea of a good signing goh help us.

I have my doubts about Roeder and should this be true it will confirm my feeling....

Can't help but think he came to us for one reason but is now trying to manipulate himself into the managers job...(should there be one come available)...

Did OK for us during his stay, I do remember Ricardo Fuller making him look like a lightweight schoolboy though. Suppose he would be alright as cover

FFS We don't want anymore "I used to be a wannabee but now I'm happy to sit on my ar se" types in our squad, we're looking at better things now, even if they're not as better as some would like..

Guest shakesby

Decent enough cover, experienced enough at this level.

I would hope for better though. Matt Mills and a youngster would be who I was hoping for.

I think somebody has a crush on Matt Mills... I know I definitely do.

Guest shakesby

Centre back is a position where you don't need to spend mega bucks to get a star. Roger would fit that bill. 

Guest Distraught!

RJ would be a good acquisition.

The only concern I have is the lack of goals we get from defenders.

During our years of success (or relative success) we always seemed to have defenders that could chip in with half a dozen or more goals.

I'm not sure our current back line is capable of adding a significant number of goals. I would like to see such a centre back signed. Has Roger Johnson ever been much of a goal scorer?

Agree with this.

Johnson is a leader and an organiser and i would sign him.

Players like Lees , Palmer , Helan are far too quiet and reticent on the pitch and we need leaders like Loovens and Johnson if we are to dominate teams

I can forgive lees , Palmer and helan (helan esp) are probably quiet because they know they are stealing a wage. Putting them in the same sentence negatively , no matter if it's a valid point or not seems wrong !

Guest Leapylee11

I thought we were hoping for promotion? Not with that tool at centre half! Did anybody on here actually watch his defending! Weak in the tackle, couldn't clear danger with a header and slow! It's a big fat noooooooooo from me!!!

Guest Leapylee11

I was so glad when West Ham took him, and it was no surprise what happened next!!! He was all over the place and got murdered

I was so glad when West Ham took him, and it was no surprise what happened next!!! He was all over the place and got murdered

Really?????

I thought he was outstanding for us, and he had no choice but to go to west ham as they paid far more of his wages than we did.

Yes he looked poor for them but he was in a poor team lacking confidence, and maybe he isn't good enough for the prem league but that isn't a worry for now!!!!

Let's just get there first eh!

Quality addition

He had his chance with us and snubbed us to be a big time Charlie, if this is Roeders idea of a good signing goh help us.

I have my doubts about Roeder and should this be true it will confirm my feeling....

Can't help but think he came to us for one reason but is now trying to manipulate himself into the managers job...(should there be one come available)...

I think that Johnson would improve our squad. At the moment we have no idea of the quality of players that we will be in the market for, it could be that we are aiming at a level above the Johnsons of this world, we will Know in the next few weeks.

What evidence do you have that Roeder is trying to manipulate himself into the Managers job. The management / coaching structure is new to us, give it a chance .we ma

I think that Johnson would improve our squad. At the moment we have no idea of the quality of players that we will be in the market for, it could be that we are aiming at a level above the Johnsons of this world, we will Know in the next few weeks.

What evidence do you have that Roeder is trying to manipulate himself into the Managers job. The management / coaching structure is new to us, give it a chance .we ma

I just think Roeder seems the type of person to manipulate things, that and some of the comments he's made would also tend to support this.

Stalking horse springs to mind...