OFFICIAL RETAINED LIST REVEALED... 11 GONE

Thought that Zayette had improved as a player...but maybe not enough

Buxton?.....Good luck to the lad...always gave his best....

Hutchinson retained ?....what sort of contract is he on..cos he was nowt bar a liability this past season............

We should have paid Helan off as well, that would've been the icing on the cake.

You do know that if we "pay off" a player that we effectively give him all of his wages up to the end of his contract don't you? 

Paul Aldridge: "Hi Jeremy.  You can earn £500k if you see out your contract or you can leave now for £100K.  Think about it and get back to me."

Helan: "it's ok Paul; I don't need any time to think.  I have your answer now.....". 

The above just doesn't happen. 

Also, I think the jury's still out on Helen.  He seemed to be the player that suffered more with the poor pitch as his attacking play is very much about the speed of his feet and running with the ball at pace.  I honestly believe that he will be vastly improved on the new pitch. 

Edited by shandypants

Hope United get Maghoma

Lets be honest, in league 1 he should do really well

He's got enough ability to half arse it and still be fairly successful at that level, as we saw every time we played lower league opposition in the cups he was one of the stand out players.

Only very briefly looked up to it at this level ( can think of 2 or 3 games in 2 years )  but if we'd been relegated I'd have gladly kept him

Thought that Zayette had improved as a player...but maybe not enough

Buxton?.....Good luck to the lad...always gave his best....

Hutchinson retained ?....what sort of contract is he on..cos he was nowt bar a liability this past season............

2 year contract for hutch we was all suprised by that last year .

Also, I think the jury's still out on Helen.  He seemed to be the player that suffered more with the poor pitch as his attacking play is very much about the speed of his feet and running with the ball at pace.  I honestly believe that he will be vastly improved on the new pitch. 

If his football improves in any way at all I'll buy you a car

Can't help but wonder how far into next season we see complaints about ripping the heart out of the team. lol

Not that I am saying that is my thinking, if I use common sense and logic rather than nostalgia the list is what was required. Buxton will probably get another Championship deal and knowing our luck will stay injury free next season. Good luck to the lad, he has been solid for us over the years.

Guest wilyfox

Goodbye to the myth and legend that was Dejan Kelhar. A true stalwart for the club. Turrah luv x

Edited by wilyfox