Hillsborough redevelopment

With money no object and an ideal world I would love the Kop & west demolished and south stand wrapped around both sides. This would give extra corporate facilities and option of permanent TV studio's when we are in premiership. This would allow us to stick away fans in west upper and home fans behind both goals. Second option would be north extended around to Kop and South extended around west stand filling in corners. Last option would be demolish Kop and west and wrap North around both sides. I'm dreaming I know!

Guest totemowl

Deffo need better bogs and hand washing facilities (according to some on here)..

lol

I know...

:duntmatter:

Guest Deleted member

1963.jpg

This is the original model for Hillsborough based on Eric Taylors vision.

If you can imagine this, with the South Stand standing proud of it (as its higher), but with the Kop and West Stand taking on this look, with the backs of the above stands extended backwards to accomodate concourses, corners added in all four corners, the whole thing wrapped in glass...

THAT is a Hillsborough to be proud of.

1963.jpg

If you can imagine this, with the South Stand standing proud of it (as its higher), but with the Kop and West Stand taking on this look, with the backs of the above stands extended backwards to accomodate concourses, corners added in all four corners, the whole thing wrapped in glass...

Not half!!

Guest ka58

I don't get all the posts about our ground - I think it's a great, traditional stadium.

I agree there's the odd thing that needed sorting - the pitch being the main one which was the worst I've seen it in years but not fussed about much else.

It's fine as it is.

1963.jpg

Remarkabley similar to modern stadia but cooler

Edited by darklord

1963.jpg

Looks like Leicester's ground.

I don't get all the posts about our ground - I think it's a great, traditional stadium.

I agree there's the odd thing that needed sorting - the pitch being the main one which was the worst I've seen it in years but not fussed about much else.

It's fine as it is.

Loved going down to Hillsborough for over 50 years but it's ready for a significant upgrade.

Guest ka58

Loved going down to Hillsborough for over 50 years but it's ready for a significant upgrade.

Why though? Things like toilets etc I get need doing now and again but what else does it really need?

Why though? Things like toilets etc I get need doing now and again but what else does it really need?

Ideally needs pillars taking out and corners enclosing ( which would help with creating a better atmosphere amongst other things). Needs a general sprucing up all round too.

Guest ka58

More than 3 food outlets for 12000 on the Kop?

Yeah fair does I get all that. It's all the changes to the stands I don't get. Don't want it just to become another sanitized stadium.

Guest Deleted member

Its the sanitised stadiums that generate the money for the clubs that play in them to progress.

Otherwise they wouldnt sanitise them

Guest sotonowl

1963.jpg

Well it would be but the chinese chippy and Beres seem to be missing and therefore "I'm out"

Guest ka58

Its the sanitised stadiums that generate the money for the clubs that play in them to progress.

Otherwise they wouldnt sanitise them

Don't think that has to be the case.

Money's not everything either. Tradition and history are just as important.