Hillsborough redevelopment

Guest Grez Bez

Would love this but was always disappointed with the Kop

The amount of space behind there is huge and should be used, the tree is an embarrassment. I'd only be happy with the tree if it was retained and inside the new stadium as some kind of homage to the olden days!

Agree that the Kop and West need to be bulldozed and started again, with priority on the West.

I like the uniqueness of the Kop, but it is ridiculously outdated. 

Needs demolishing, the hill that it's built on levelled, then build it back up to a similar single tiered spec, only with a cantelevered roof, a modern concourse that runs the length of the stand, and more gangways.  Fill in the North-East corner in the process.

For the West stand, knock it down, along with the North-West corner and replace it with a single tiered stand to the exact same spec as the North.  Basically bend the North stand around into the new one.

Guest ben29

Extremely carefully :duntmatter:

But how to they get up there?

Spent most of the season looking at them wondering. Kept on getting interupted by the odd opposition goal mind you.

Fantastic! Can we have it now please Neil, I mean Mr C?

Solar panels on all suitable roof spaces, supplied and fitted for free in return for some advertising, and it'll pay for itself in a couple of years!

(OK, it may take a little bit longer, but Mr C's not too worried about that is he!)

Bringing the West Stand up to a decent standard means we can justifiably charge visiting supporters more which will also offset the costs.

No, no, Mr C; no need to pay me for the consultancy, you can have them on me. (I wouldn't say no to a free ST for life though if you're offering! :-)

Knock down the kop and west stand then rebuild them both all in the close season, a bit of a job but if we could get the contractors to work 24/7 it's just about doable I reckon :rolleyes: . We'd need a back up plan as to where to play matches until it was done any suggestions?