Pearson & Roeder

Typical of the modern management world is a committee full of individuals both trying to prove their worth and their job. Will lead to back stabbing. Grey or whoever comes in after will be tied both hands and feet. Help with a manager do his job is very different from a manager having to get the committee s support to do what he wants.

Too many cooks. Hate to be a manager these days, all the responsibility yet less and less control and say. What ever happens keep Glenn Roeder away from managing input. Strange choice, never made it as a manager successfully. Pearson I think will be great or terrible choice depending on which Hull and Derby fans you ask. Jury out on this but managing by committee a mistake. All the best clubs have a strong manager supported to create their vision. 

Not necessarily, It depends on how we share out the roles and responsibilies

The more I think about this infrastructure the more it makes sense

Clearly planning for a big summer

Southampton are living off the success of a quality academy and good managerial choices. If they were in the place they were with mediocre managers I could agree with you easier. As an example for of having a great academy. They are excellent.

I like the fact it is described as a committee rather than a hierarchy. This way we are less likely to sign players the coach doesn't want to pick. Also this sort of setup means there is less change of regime and more continuity when anyone leaves or is sacked.

very pleased about about pearson, hopefully it will work well. we prob ought to give roeder a chance. those moaning he's boring and useless, you have summed up megson and that doesnt stop numerous deluded fools obsessing about him. good luck to both of them , hopefully will help us push on 

If your after continuity by committee then changing the manager and will be pointless. It will mean only changing the head of the committee will. This never happens. The manager gets it. Plus continuity is no good if things are not working. Man city may prove that. Where they are because they spent money but how much control does a manager have their and if they just sack them and bring in New one on same vision it compromises there chances to make change and effect better results.