Pearson & Roeder

Gray won't last under this regime. It very rarely seems to work in the uk. I hope to be wrong. I like the appointment of Pearson as he's an experienced chairman and has worked on similar projects before. However I am struggling to see what Roeder offers us considering he hardly succeeded as a manager himself.

It doesnt work when its sprung on a manager. Gray has always been aware a DoF was likely hence the head coach title.

Gray won't last under this regime. It very rarely seems to work in the uk. I hope to be wrong. I like the appointment of Pearson as he's an experienced chairman and has worked on similar projects before. However I am struggling to see what Roeder offers us considering he hardly succeeded as a manager himself.

Dont agree personally. If you look at how football has developed over the last twenty years. Have a look at the Southampton model. Think the days when one man (the manager) can do everything are well gone and its unrealistic to expect SG to do everything. Let him do what he is good at...coaching.

good logic but only time will tell

Agree. But let's just see how it goes. 

Our fans are great at ridiculing any new singing/appointment/manager etc, and tbh rightly so over the last 20 years. 

But lets just wait and see how we go, bursting the bubble before it has even started is daft. 

most people like what the club have done today

only time will tell

it's still unclear on gray's future,

we're gonna spend loads in summer, adam pearson a great appointment, unsure on roeder

Cheers.

So Pearson and Roeder and Gray in charge?

Manager Rich.

Whilst hopefully avoiding the whole camel/horse thing it seems like the committee will provide a constant direction beyond the whims of different managers, but the whole committee thing means that it is also a constant beyond one of its members performing badly/getting a better offer. One leaves and we replace/upgrade that position. Who knows if it will work.

DoF has always been in the pan, MM just didn't want to spend the money with the looming takeovers, which is wise given a new owner may want to employ people they want in that position and not want to deal with hefty contract termination fees.

Roeder may seem a tad underwhelming, but it doesn't matter. He's not the face of the club to the fans, but the guy who does the work behind the scenes.

Seriously how many DoF's can you name across all the clubs out there? To us they are faceless workers doing the bidding of the board and the managers.

Apparently he signed Kevin Phillips for Watford from local Hertfordshire team, Baldock Town for only £10,000.

Not a bad example of recruitment to be honest

Bit concerned about Roeder "stepping in" should Gray get the boot at some point.

Not disputing the fact that he has a great deal of knowledge and experience, but the bloke couldn't manage his way out the proverbial paper bag.

the club haven't said anything on aldridge's position, it needs clearing up as can't see him involved in this new set up

this, he would be more the one who'd recommend a new gaffer than do it him sen

Staton just tweeted he remains Chief Exec... unless he's not involved in the football side any more?