Pearson & Roeder

If your after continuity by committee then changing the manager and will be pointless. It will mean only changing the head of the committee will. This never happens. The manager gets it. Plus continuity is no good if things are not working. Man city may prove that. Where they are because they spent money but how much control does a manager have their and if they just sack them and bring in New one on same vision it compromises there chances to make change and effect better results.

Yeah let's hope we don't end up being as unsuccessful as City and win the Premier League twice out of the next four years

This shows me Mr C is serious. I've extremely excited about the future of our club now. These guys wouldn't come if we were pondering around with our previous budget. They both bring contacts and connections.

With the commitments to improve facilities etc I'm expecting McGugan/Westwood standard players.

I'm finding it difficult to think beyond the usual left over tripe we choose from.

Got to a positive move. These people don't come cheap and will form a strong leadership for the club. It will leave Gray to coach the team so on that basis I am happy for him to remain as coach, because he will not be the final say on players to come in this summer.

Very exciting times to come me thinks lol

Southampton are living off the success of a quality academy and good managerial choices. If they were in the place they were with mediocre managers I could agree with you easier. As an example for of having a great academy. They are excellent.

Good choice of manager and an excellent academy dont just happen you know? Someone has to plan organise and makethose  decisions.  Who do you think does that at Soton?

It's far too early for comments like "Too Many Cooks" until we know what it is that we're cooking.

If you run a cafe maybe it's fine to have one person cooking and answering to just 1 bloke above him. A fine dining restraunt? You're going to need a few more chefs to properly manage the bigger and better product.

Football has changed. The big clubs don't operate on the basis of Chairman, manager and assistant anymore. Only slightly related, but they were talking about that a little in the Man City game yesterday on Sky. Once upon a time you'd have one physio at the club and maybe a Dr come on when a player went down injured. Silva got stretchered off by a small army, all City's own medical staff. Not that we're Manchester City, but the backroom structure of football has changed immeasurably over the years.

We've spent far, FAR too long in the football wilderness. Building the football club, rebuilding our stature, cementing our future and spending the money involves bringing people in and shaking things up about how we operate. Time might show that this specific system with these specific people doesn't work, but we can only give it a go, and Chansiri has at least projected an image that he knows what he's doing so far. As Yorkshiremen and as Sheffield Wednesday supporters in particular it's almost in our DNA to be suspicious about this sort of change and new found thinking, but if we want to take ourselves and our attempt to get back to the top flight seriously then we need to open up a bit to stuff like this. Mr Chanisiri appears to be taking it very seriously, and in what so far seems like a sensible way. We have to be there with him on that.

It's far too early for comments like "Too Many Cooks" until we know what it is that we're cooking.

If you run a cafe maybe it's fine to have one person cooking and answering to just 1 bloke above him. A fine dining restraunt? You're going to need a few more chefs to properly manage the bigger and better product.

Football has changed. The big clubs don't operate on the basis of Chairman, manager and assistant anymore. Only slightly related, but they were talking about that a little in the Man City game yesterday on Sky. Once upon a time you'd have one physio at the club and maybe a Dr come on when a player went down injured. Silva got stretchered off by a small army, all City's own medical staff. Not that we're Manchester City, but the backroom structure of football has changed immeasurably over the years.

We've spent far, FAR too long in the football wilderness. Building the football club, rebuilding our stature, cementing our future and spending the money involves bringing people in and shaking things up about how we operate. Time might show that this specific system with these specific people doesn't work, but we can only give it a go, and Chansiri has at least projected an image that he knows what he's doing so far. As Yorkshiremen and as Sheffield Wednesday supporters in particular it's almost in our DNA to be suspicious about this sort of change and new found thinking, but if we want to take ourselves and our attempt to get back to the top flight seriously then we need to open up a bit to stuff like this. Mr Chanisiri appears to be taking it very seriously, and in what so far seems like a sensible way. We have to be there with him on that.

Now just stop it with your sensible posts!

So I'm thinking a guy of Pearson's experience wouldn't be here to be a DoF type. He's here to replace MM as Chairman? Running things for Chansiri.

So it'll be something like, Pearson > Aldridge > Roeder > Gray?

it says on the website whats happening

Pearson = business/commercial side

Roeder = scouting and recruitment

Gray = first team coaching

Makes sense, everyone doing what they are best at with Roeder to prove it still 

Edited by modboy

Good sense^^^^^

I like the fact it is described as a committee rather than a hierarchy. This way we are less likely to sign players the coach doesn't want to pick. Also this sort of setup means there is less change of regime and more continuity when anyone leaves or is sacked.

Agreed

I think this is great.

A lot have complained that Gray needs support, and he now has that with two experienced guys. It's good we are preparing ourselves to be a modern ambitious club, people like to whinge that we are stuck in the dark ages so I'm delighted with this.

This is Owlstalk mate..You can't post sensible guff like that!

Good sense^^^^^

So what we're saying is:

Chansiri's (formerly known as Daaaaaarrrbaaaars)

Owner: Mr D Chansiri

Maitre d'hotel: Mr S Gray

Executive Chef: Mr P Aldridge

Sous Chef: Mr A Pearson

Chef de Partie: Mr G Roeder

Anyone who thinks that Stuart Gray should be doing everything that was done by previous managers are over estimating his competences and the number of hours/days in a week.

These appointments are sound. Not just for the experience and knowledge they bring, but because of the new structure it creates. For way too long we have run the club (commercial and team) with too few people. These appointments will allow everyone to focus on what they do best, which can only be to the benefit of every aspect of the club.

It looks Mr Chasiri knows how he wants to run things.

Hopefully this pairing works from the outset, if not he will tweak it until it does work.

Good times ahead hopefully.

I said this once before, and it is still not guaranteed 100%, but i was told P Aldridge would not be here for next season.

It looks Mr Chasiri knows how he wants to run things.

Hopefully this pairing works from the outset, if not he will tweak it until it does work.

Good times ahead hopefully.

I said this once before, and it is still not guaranteed 100%, but i was told P Aldridge would not be here for next season.

Would make sense, he's probably just handing over to Pearson over the next months.

He might stay as a non-exec director though..

So what we're saying is:

Chansiri's (formerly known as Daaaaaarrrbaaaars)

Owner: Mr D Chansiri

Maitre d'hotel: Mr S Gray

Executive Chef: Mr P Aldridge

Sous Chef: Mr A Pearson

Chef de Partie: Mr G Roeder

I wouldn't know mate. The food analogy stops there for me. More of a greasy spoon man myself!