Pearson & Roeder

Guest Gazzaswfc

Hope Pearson brings a pot of gold with him aswell & goes in to the kitty with chansiri's cash let the spending begin Rhodes wickham Ben 10 for starters #believe

Guest conisbrough

Can see why Pearson has been appointed someone who moves things along.

Have concerns about Roeder been out of football a long time, Director of Football needs finger on pulse and dynamic his health problems and recent record suggest he will be neither of these, think we have gone for cheap option. Apparently been advising Victor Tan, hardly encouraging.

Mixed view on this.

Apparently these 2 were the strongest candidates the club have met in the last couple of months, must have met some rite crap then!

Wow you're going judge them already 10 minutes after they've been appointed.That's the spirit

WAWAW.

Sounds like he's been after a DOF role for a while.....

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/glenn-roeder-man-behind-cardiff-7819497

Leyton Orient manager Slade is hot favourite to be appointed as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s successor and an impeccable source close to Roeder confirmed that he had made the recommendation.

“Glenn believes Russell would do a good job for Cardiff,†said our source.

“He would also be interested in becoming Cardiff’s director of football if it were offered, but he does not want a return to front-line management.â€

Roeder, himself with strong Orient links after two spells as a player with the London club, knows Slade well.

He believes the man he has recommended is the right fit to work with Tan as the Bluebirds seek an instant return to the Premier League.

Roeder used to work as one of Glenn Hoddle’s coaches with England, but has been a manager in his own right with Norwich, Newcastle, West Ham, Watford and Gillingham.

It is five years since Roeder was in club management, having left his post as Norwich boss in 2009.

Although he doesn’t wish to return to a manager’s hot-seat, he is keen to work as a director of football and would jump at the opportunity of a link-up with Slade, if it were offered by Tan.

Roeder started his playing career with Orient and also starred as a defender with Queens Park Rangers, Notts County, Newcastle, Watford and Gillingham.

He became player-manager at Gillingham more than 20 years ago before taking charge at Watford (1993-1996), West Ham (2001-2003), Newcastle (2006-2007) and Norwich (2007-09).

Slade is the red-hot favourite to land the Cardiff job, the Bluebirds having made three approaches to Orient for Tan’s first choice for the post.

I don't like the idea of having loads of people involved.

Roeder,Pearson,Aldridge,Gray & I wouldn't write off more appointments. it could result in a conflict of interest.

I suppose this happens when the chairman isn't really a footballing man.

let's hope it all pans out well.

Can see why Pearson has been appointed someone who moves things along.

Have concerns about Roeder been out of football a long time, Director of Football needs finger on pulse and dynamic his health problems and recent record suggest he will be neither of these, think we have gone for cheap option. Apparently been advising Victor Tan, hardly encouraging.

Mixed view on this.

Agree with this, I think Pearson is a smart logical appointment. As for Roeder I'm sceptical to say the least. Has a couple of relegations to his name including one whilst spending a wedge at West Ham. His past recruitment isn't all that impressive and that's something that directly Thais 😉 in with a director of football role.

Seem a couple of post saying he's got an eye for a youngster. I can't think of some good youngsters he's signed. Obviously West Ham had good players at their academy but that's not down to him in a 2 year managerial spell.

I don't like the idea of having loads of people involved.

Roeder,Pearson,Aldridge,Gray & I wouldn't write off more appointments. it could result in a conflict of interest.

I suppose this happens when the chairman isn't really a footballing man.

let's hope it all pans out well.

I understand what you're saying and agree with you to an extent, however the term conflict of interest doesn't make sense here mate

Hmm not appointments that will excite supporters! Cardiff fans hate having Slade as their manager. Let's hope Chansiri knows what he's doing more than us stupid fans. Typical Wednesday though, linked with Comolli and get Roeder, it feels like the mid 1990's all over again 😄

Guest wilyfox

My initial thoughts are positive. A lot needs to happen on and off the pitch if we're to build up into being a prem club again. Gray has no experience of doing that, and we're far more than a winger and 20-goal striker away from being contenders.