Pearson & Roeder

I'm pretty excited by it.

Pearson is forward thinking and has bags of experience.

Roeder is a former manager who doesn't want to manage. Which means he will be happy to work on the academy, scouting, and fees (with Pearson).

Gray is free to focus on coaching whilst having a seat at the top table influencing recruitment. He can say who he wants, and then wait for them to turn up at training.

Very happy with this news. Some people might not agree but this is how modern football is now, and we have been left way behind over the last 15 years.

This takeover has given us hope that we're going to actually have a professional set up not just on the pitch but off it too. This is a good move. Very excited for the summer and next season.

I think these appointments are a real sign of intent. I really do not get the negativity some people are showing regarding Roeder. Saying that, this is OT after all.

Roeder has a vast amount of knowlegde, experience and contacts within the game, both natioanally and on the continent. He has worked with some of the biggest managers in football, managed PL teams and has been involved in the England setup.

Adam Pearson has been a success at both Derby, Hull and now Hull FC RL. Commercially highly knowlegable, with more than 14 years experience at board level. 

I am very impressed we have these two on board.

Two very good appointments.   We have needed a driving force business leader for many years.  We have under achieved in the marketing and sales areas and Pearson has a great record running successful football clubs.  He is well known and respected in the game and brings a wealth of experience to the SWFC.    Roeder is also a very experienced football man and holds a position of respect in the game, he will be able to open doors we were not able to before and also take the pressure off SG to enable him to concentrate on 1st team matters.   If the new owner is going to succeed he needs these type of people in the club and probably a few more will follow.   Investment in the team, stadium and commercial areas needs to be managed properly if we are to achieve success.

Welcome to both of them.

I can see it now 6 defeats in a row....Glenn Roeder will take over first team affairs for the foreseeable future

If we have serious ambitions (and a budget) to challenge for the play-offs next season then six defeats in a row would put Stuart in serious trouble regardless of having a DoF or not.

Ignoring the fact that Roeder doesn't appear to want the pressure of first-team management after his health problems anyway.