Hillsborough rated 4 worst ground in the Championship (or not?)

Maybe Dom and some of his, sat on the arse, cohort (so called) Journalist mates could shed some light on the issue, if they can tare themselves away from their Twitter feeds. 

Just for the record there is no other ground in the Championship I would rather visit than Hillsborough.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

20 hours ago in The Star ran the title Sheffield Wednesday's Hillsborough rated fourth worst Championship ground and now this has disappeared with no reference to the claim anywhere else!! Where are The Star getting their information from? If its wrong where is our apology... Did anyone else see this? 

I saw it on Newsnow, kept refreshing to read the article but no joy...

Well hardly surprising.

It's an old stadium which has seen little to no investment for the best part of 20 years, and we give by far the worst part of the ground to visiting teams fans (as we should - but it doesn't make a good impression).

I wouldn't trade Hillsborough for any other ground in the division and my personal belief is that the individuality and character of our ground should count for quite a lot, but its sadly inevitable that we're not going to compete with Pride Park or a ground built 3 years ago in the eyes of a lot of Neuvo football fans.

Unbelievable.

Give me Hillsborough, The City Ground, The New Den, Portman Road, Elland Road et al every day of the week over any, and I mean ANY, of these new purpose built Lego packs.

I don't care about how modern the pissers are, or whether it not it takes me a while at the bar, or if they have a beautiful shiny flatscreen scoreboard. I want tradition and a real sense of being at a football match.

The New York Stadium over Hillsborough lol

To be fair, if I had to sit in the away end I wouldn't be happy either.

Unless you're sat in the perfect spot (which is ironically the best view in the ground IMO) you're view is hindered by pillars.

Also the outside of the away end is diabolical and the concourse is dark and dreary.

Don't get me wrong, our stadium overall is beautiful IMO,.....but that away end does need tarting up.

Well hardly surprising.

It's an old stadium which has seen little to no investment for the best part of 20 years, and we give by far the worst part of the ground to visiting teams fans (as we should - but it doesn't make a good impression).

I wouldn't trade Hillsborough for any other ground in the division and my personal belief is that the individuality and character of our ground should count for quite a lot, but its sadly inevitable that we're not going to compete with Pride Park or a ground built 3 years ago in the eyes of a lot of Neuvo football fans.

The view from the West Stand is good and better than away fans get at many grounds. However, the facilities and general state of the away end leave a lot to be desired.

Same with the Kop and the North Stand - they need work on the concourses and facilities but I much prefer traditional stadiums to generic new builds which basically look the same inside and out and bear no relation to the character, history or tradition of the clubs that they house. 

Villa Park is one of my favourites.

Guest Ash76

Dreby have got the best ground IMO, Rotherham scond though ? lol

I assume you didn't go this year then? New away end is dangerous at HT

As for the survey if it's measured by views, atmosphere and facilities then it's hardly surprising but as others have said I'd never swap it and with some attention it could easily be the best ground in the Chanpionship

So if this is done by away fans, I'm surprised we got that high really. West Stand is horrible as you approach and on the inside. Good view though.

I'd say Amex is the best away ground I've been to in the Championship, because it's shiny and blue and you can drink on the beach beforehand. That last bit might not be a qualifying factor