Hillsborough rated 4 worst ground in the Championship (or not?)

I have three things I look for when visiting a ground.

A) Can I see the pitch.

B) Has it got it's own unique Character

c) Have Wednesday got a good record there.

Not interested in whether the toilets are fragrant and have sockets for beard trimmers , whether the  catering is fair trade, locally sourced, organic leafmould, whether it's got free Wi-Fi, and I don't care about the best use of breeze-block,  Lego and plastic and I certainly don't award them points on it's similarity to The I-Pro .

Unbelievable.

Give me Hillsborough, The City Ground, The New Den, Portman Road, Elland Road et al every day of the week over any, and I mean ANY, of these new purpose built Lego packs.

I don't care about how modern the pissers are, or whether it not it takes me a while at the bar, or if they have a beautiful shiny flatscreen scoreboard. I want tradition and a real sense of being at a football match.

The New York Stadium over Hillsborough lol

Couldn't agree with you more, I even prefer the small old fashioned grounds I've been to like Adams Park and the Bescot Stadium. I've been to some poor grounds but the Ricoh Arena is by far my least favourite. 

As much as I like small grounds, I went to AFC Wimbledon last season as an away fan with my Wycombe supporting friend. Awful, they put the away fans along the side of the pitch standing, its not steep enough and despite only being about 6 rows deep I could only see just over half the pitch and I'm 6ft 2. My Wycombe mate is only 5ft 6 so must have barely seen anything.

Went to see Wednesday at Dag & Red, that newish away end feels like its the size of the rest of the ground combined. Felt strange watching Wednesday play in that sort of environment, and we didn't even win!

My favourites:

Villa Park

Old Trafford

and the Pirelli Stadium (due to the VIP treatment I get there, sat in the boardroom and even had a cigarette in the dugout)

Special mention for The Valley and Loftus Road.

that article is f.ookin bullshine,

Its a table for the championship... the championship is the 4th (or 5th) most watched league in europe,

yet they are saying a ground which holds the same as our kop is the 2nd best out of 24.... in the championship.

pardon me but if the 22 grounds below toytown copied them because they wanted a slice of 2nd place, this league would be the 4th (or 5th) most tinpot in europe, with maximum gates of 12k......  

i understand it isnt based on attendance - cos ive read the rules in the link...... its based on a few different things, one of them being if you sell chicken balti pies or not ffs.... its true!!

lol 12k tho lol

Let's be reyt, our away end could do with a serious grant from the FL to get it modernised and away from the ties of the past.

C'mon FL, give us some serious Wonga to right the wrong of the last 26 years...

We've been surpressed and our competitors supporters have been made to feel uncomfy for too long now so make it happen !...