Would anyone like to see...

Likes of Stobbs and Penney get plaće on the bench for last couple of games ? With not much toplay for it would be great opportunity to give ccouple of very talented youngsters some precious experience early in their careers with us.

Likes of Stobbs and Penney get plaće on the bench for last couple of games ? With not much toplay for it would be great opportunity to give ccouple of very talented youngsters some precious experience early in their careers with us.

like us to break the clean sheet record first m then yes, defo give the promising kids a run out 15min cameos or similar

Nah mate not next home game...

I would say no to be honest, maybe Stobbs on the bench at a push.

We still have Bournemouth and Watford to play. We owe it to other teams to make this title/promotion/play off chase as fair as possible. We put out our strongest side vs Brentford and should be doing the same against Bournemouth and Watford. Furthermore our only other game is Leeds & I want to batter them. I also don't think it's an appropriate environment to give a kid his debut so a definite no to Penney for that one.

Would rather have Stobbs on the bench than Maghoma though.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Id rather just finish as high as we can. Over 60 points would give us a really good base to push on from.

Add 6 wins onto what we've done this year and we are playoffs for a cert next year.

If we can sort the home form out then that really is possible.

I don't see the clamour for youngsters to get there place on the bench, in the last couple of games of the season.

We did it last year with Stobbs, but where's it got him? He's not got anywhere near the first team side despite us playing a full season lacking serious numbers (and some would say, quality) in the wide areas.

Surely if these lads are good enough, they'd get the places on the bench, and more importantly, the first team, throughout the season, not just for a couple of games when the seasons fizzling out, as a token gesture.

Don't take this as a post lamenting the usage of academy players, because I'd love us to get some of our own products through and into the first team. But, surely we haven't got any currently, that cut the mustard. So why expose them to the first team, when they clearly aren't ready (like Stobbs appeared last year)?

I would say no to be honest, maybe Stobbs on the bench at a push.

We still have Bournemouth and Watford to play. We owe it to other teams to make this title/promotion/play off chase as fair as possible. We put out our strongest side vs Brentford and should be doing the same against Bournemouth and Watford. Furthermore our only other game is Leeds & I want to batter them. I also don't think it's an appropriate environment to give a kid his debut so a definite no to Penney for that one.

Would rather have Stobbs on the bench than Maghoma though.

Couldn't give a flying fu*k about other clubs! Do what's best for Sheffiled Wednesday especially long term

Couldn't give a flying fu*k about other clubs! Do what's best for Sheffiled Wednesday especially long term

Here's a scenario.

Next season we're in 3rd place with 3 games remaining. We have to win all 3 games but also rely on teams who's seasons have finished to give a good and fair account of themselves against our promotion rivals. There'd be absolute uproar on here if say.....Charlton decided to take their foot off the gas and blood through several youngsters against a promotion rival of ours, and let them romp to a 6-0 win condemning us to a play off place...potentially ruining our chances of promotion altogether. 

We may have nothing to play for but we have a massive say in the promotion race and have already put Brentford to the sword. To ensure that the best teams get what they deserve we have to play our best available eleven. These things can come back to bite you on the backside.

Stobbs can appear from the bench, I'd be fine with that. But there's still points to play for and we should be looking to finish as high as possible. I'm all for bringing young lads through, but that should be started in preseason....not at the end of the season when we've got two games against top 3 opposition, with a Yorkshire derby sandwiched inbetween. 

Edited by FlyingOwl