Would Sheffield Wednesday have reinstated rapist Ched Evans?

If Wednesday did it I wouldn't go back.

There's no way I'd pay my hard earned to make a rapist richer than my daughter will ever be.  

Blades will sign him and the fans will shrug their shoulders and carry on.  Then when they see stories like the Rotherham child trafficking scandal on the news they'll be up in arms about how the country's going down the pan and the immorality of the nation today.

I know fans say things like this but how many actually stick to their principles ?

I wonder how many blades fans have said this and will stay away ?

Honestly, I am a reyt pompous bell end.

Economically, going to football matches is already a tough decision for many folk.  When you add on top of that the fact you'll putting money in the pot to make a man like him richer than most people in stadium and all of their kids will ever be.  It's an easy choice really.  When you think that you could put that money by to send your kids to university, or their school education.  It's all about who you want to grant wealth and power to, so for me personally, an easy choice.

Fortunately I don't have to make the decision.  I agree that 95% would carry on as they were.  Most individuals within a large group believe that their actions have no meaning or consequence 

Im quite pleased that they are going to reinstate him.(which they will)

It will serve as a timley reminder to the rest of the football community what a set of jeb ends the club and the fans are.

They are still fondly hated by all and sundry for the Tevev affair and this will reinforce what they stand for.

He shows no remorse for his conviction and makes my skin crawl.Glad my daughter isn't engaged to him

Family club my behind.

Hope Evans and the blunts will be very  happy.They deserve one another.

Edited by owlsdreamer

Honestly, I am a reyt pompous bell end.

Economically, going to football matches is already a tough decision for many folk.  When you add on top of that the fact you'll putting money in the pot to make a man like him richer than most people in stadium and all of their kids will ever be.  It's an easy choice really.  When you think that you could put that money by to send your kids to university, or their school education.  It's all about who you want to grant wealth and power to, so for me personally, an easy choice.

Fortunately I don't have to make the decision.  I agree that 95% would carry on as they were.  Most individuals within a large group believe that their actions have no meaning or consequence 

Totally agreed

Owlstalk Shop

Cast your mind back to the end of that season in League 1. If Evans had been our player at that time resulting in the pigs getting promoted, then the same chain of events may well have happened here. I understand why people wouldn't want him at Wednesday (I wouldn't) but all these "Typical pigs" comments are ridiculous.

Don't pretend we are morally superior to people that live in the same city as us just because they support a different football team.

I have been thinking about this a bit and have come to the conclusion we would not have signed him.

Think the outcry when we nearly got Warnock as manager this time last year shows that MM would have listened to public opinion on this.

I really can not answer weather if we did sign Ched Evans I would carry on going to games. I would feel very uncomfortable though sitting there watching games with the fan base split in two.

I don't particularly care if United want to give him a job, now he's released, if any Blades fans (or any other fans) object then they can boycott the club.  

However, I don't feel that United would have any right to play him away from Bramall Lane.  Why should opposition fans have to boycott their own team, at their own ground, if they choose not to be "entertained" by a convicted rapist?

I know our fans, and I can say with complete conviction that a percentage of our fan base would have EXACTLY the same opinion on the matter as the pro Ched pig fans.

They would be saying it wasn't really rape, and that she was a slapper etc.

A section of our fan base doesn't do morals very well, they accept racist chanting, violence between fans and think Madine is some kind of top lad ( ' If you sack Madine you'll have a riot on your hands') .

It doesn't take a massive leap of imagination to think that they would leap to the defence of a goalscoring centre forward.

Edited by Bannofan

Imagine for a moment that it wasn't Ched Evans at the pigs but it was the Wednesday legend Hirsty in the same situation (obviously in his heyday) would that change any ones views.

(I'm not for one moment suggesting Hirsty would do any such thing)

When i heard this on 5-live earlier i was embarrassed to be driving home to Sheffield. Absolute moral corruption at that club and they are now likely to sign him on, given their lack of goals. Hopefully Karma plays its card at the end of the season. I would have seriously considered not attending Hillsborough had it been us.

Best outcome would be for them to sign him on a 3 year contract on 10K per week, hopefully within 5 minutes of his comeback someone breaks his f**king leg or better still his neck.

Cast your mind back to the end of that season in League 1. If Evans had been our player at that time resulting in the pigs getting promoted, then the same chain of events may well have happened here. I understand why people wouldn't want him at Wednesday (I wouldn't) but all these "Typical pigs" comments are ridiculous.

Don't pretend we are morally superior to people that live in the same city as us just because they support a different football team.

I am, don't know about you