Would Sheffield Wednesday have reinstated rapist Ched Evans?

Yep, it's going to take months to get him match fit, he's going to take dog's abuse everywhere he goes, the questioning of the morality of him playing at all will continue to be questioned in the media, his friends and family will continue to get abuse, and his girlfriend (future wife) can expect to be called slapper or ****. Under those conditions, how can he perform at the levels he played at before?

Exactly

And while ever he is at BL the media circus that will ALWAYS surround him will make it toxic while ever he is there

SUFC made a huge mistake here and as said above to hide behind the PFA is disgusting!!!!!!!

I'm quite happy for Evans to go back to SUFC

People now think of Sheffield United as the whingeing gets that screwed money out of West Ham over the Tevez affair, and then threw away any moral fortitude on re-appointing a convicted rapist.

Their standing in the game is now zero.

Well done you set of short sighted ass wipes

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Charlie Webster has now resigned as club patron, you have to respect he decision to do that. Now we must stop the childish insults that have been handed out to her on here too.

She has made a stand on this and gains my respect for that.

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

There is a thread on pigsmad claiming Charlie Webster is not even considering giving Evans chance to rehabilitate, therein a few more piping up that he should be given a chance to rehabilitate.

Okay I hear them but let's look at it from a Evans point of view, in his mind he doesn't need to be rehabilitated because he believes he's done no wrong so why bang on about him not being given a chance to rehabilitate?

He need to make up his mind if this latest appeal fails, apologise and show remorse or stick to his protests of innocence, which path he chooses will be up to him, if he's successful there is no issue for him, he will need some hell good evidence though.

My only comment on this is simple- He isn't rehabilitated because hes says hes done nothing wrong and refuses to even make any sort of attempt to say sorry for his actions that night in what happened, this includes phoning his brother to come and film it.

People should not hold down jobs in public/role model type situations when there still (at the moment) guilty of this crime without showing any remorse

Guest Big Guns

did any one see that embarrasing statement he made sat with his bird wot a willy puller shuffle willy puller fanny that made him look 

I'm quite happy for Evans to go back to SUFC

People now think of Sheffield United as the whingeing gets that screwed money out of West Ham over the Tevez affair, and then threw away any moral fortitude on re-appointing a convicted rapist.

Their standing in the game is now zero.

Well done you set of short sighted ass wipes

Correct all that will torpedo what would probably be a successful promotion season, they have found a new way to ***k up if that is even possible!

Guest Distraught!

We should revive that name that someone gave him (a Charlton fan I think on this forum):

Sir Tom Knickerbockerglory (IIRC)

lol  

Don't they say you shouldn't mix sport and politics?

If you do then where do you draw the line? It's so easy to come across as inconsistent and hypocritical.

Shouuld convicted rapists be banned from football but murderers are OK? What about habitual convicts who by repeating their offense struggle to be rehabilitated. What about violence? Is that OK?

Nothing is so black and white. Madine supporters say he's a nice lad really but gets wound up when he's drunk. If I had a family member that had been innocently beat up in a bar then I'd be in my high horse to get Madine banned from football.

I suppose it's down to each individual.

If anyone feels strongly about immoral or criminal players then boycott that club or contact your political to get the law changed. Also contact the PL and FL to air your disgust and ask them to bring in re employment bans.

ALL THIS TALK ABOUT HE HAS SERVED HIS TIME ,HE HAS SERVED 2YRS 6 MNTH OF A 5 YR SENTENCE.THE GIRL IS SERVING IT FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE.

If you read the thread you would realise that has been said more than twice, but they didn't need to shout and we stil heard them.😉

We have a justice system for a reason:

So decisions about sentencing and punishment can be informed by a court according to the evidence and the appropriate laws of the land.

The media is not a very good justice system- in fact it is very warped and prone to hysterical voices. The media's only interest in this is keeping the story going and generating righteous anger so people can position themselves as 'against rape' etc. The more the story rages, the more the papers sell and the news outlets have something to fill their airspace.

That is why we have opinions about opinions- as in Judy Finnighan getting slaughtered. If anyone speaks up its just more wood on the bonfire. The thought police ready to pounce on anything deemed 'off message'.

We live in strange times. 

He should be allowed to make a living just like any one else.

Yes I would take tied Evans at Wednesday- he is a quality striker.

Guest Distraught!

ALL THIS TALK ABOUT HE HAS SERVED HIS TIME ,HE HAS SERVED 2YRS 6 MNTH OF A 5 YR SENTENCE.THE GIRL IS SERVING IT FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE.

Sadly, the world is not about fairness and justice. On the bigger scale of things, the effect that this has had on this girl rates way down the list. For example, imagine even now in Northern Ireland for instance, there are former IRA mass murderers that have walked free sometimes only a few years into very long sentences due to the terms of the Good Friday agreement. The friends and relatives of people blown apart in bomb blasts will forever suffer the grief but the people that instigated the blasts are now free to walk the streets and get on with the rest of their lives. Unfortunately, that is life for some.

The laws and statutes of this country decree that Evans is at liberty to pursue his career. The only thing that can stop him are the morals and values of those that would want to employ him. That is where your anger should be directed.

The contradictory, cowardly and loathsome way they have handled all this will further highlight what an odious club they are and man McSue is.

As many have rightly said they weren’t obligated to let the rapist train at the PFA’s request and yet they appear to be hiding beyond this. They could have refused and condemned a rapist but chose not to. Furthermore, their statement yesterday states they won’t give in to “mob justice”.  Mob justice? Really? Hang on though, aren’t they merely conforming to the PFA’s request?

I just hope the way they’ve handled this, shown no remorse for the victim and allowed a rapist back to their club comes back on them in a massively detrimental way.

I accept it’s naïve, biased and un-objective and a huge generalisation to say two fan bases from the same city are inherently different. That said, there is a difference and the whole affair with the rapist has highlighted this. Myself personally and the vast majority of Wednesday fans (from what I read and hear) would make it quite clear we would not want a convicted rapist at our club. It appears there is (at best) a 50/50 split at S2. As I have said earlier the amount of putrid bile spouted towards the victim form some of their fans is something that wouldn’t happen with us and I truly believe  that. Generally speaking the “culture” of the two fan bases is different. One with a victim, inferiority complex mentality to our own that on the whole is much more objective. I speak generally because I know, have family and friends that are their fans Living in the South of the city especially so and most are good people. However, when it comes to football……. If in doubt just take a look an bladesmad, some of the comments on their just beggar belief.

Another take on this for me is that if the rapist does proudly disgrace that streaky red n white shirt of theirs again what about opposition players? I don’t have the stats to hand but I would guess that statistically at least one of those players knows or knows of someone who has been affected by rape. I wonder what their reaction on the pitch will be towards him? Then of course there are opposing fans who quite rightly will make their feelings known on a rapist trying to score against their team, not to mention the officials.

Like I say I hope karma is ***** for our odious, younger, smaller sister after the way they have cowardly welcomed back a rapist and an element of their fan base have trivialised rape and abused a poor rape victim. At least Charlie Webster has made the correct stance. Good on her.

UTO!

Sadly, the world is not about fairness and justice. On the bigger scale of things, the effect that this has had on this girl rates way down the list. For example, imagine even now in Northern Ireland for instance, there are former IRA mass murderers that have walked free sometimes only a few years into very long sentences due to the terms of the Good Friday agreement. The friends and relatives of people blown apart in bomb blasts will forever suffer the grief but the people that instigated the blasts are now free to walk the streets and get on with the rest of their lives. Unfortunately, that is life for some.

The laws and statutes of this country decree that Evans is at liberty to pursue his career. The only thing that can stop him are the morals and values of those that would want to employ him. That is where your anger should be directed.

How much did united sign him for?They will want him playing again they have less money than us.

A point that riles me is how he still protests his innocence even after he was convicted in a court of law and then had an appeal thrown out, therefore he is basically saying that our law system doesn't work and is incorrect. However should his latest appeal go his way he will then be swanning around saying how this proves his innocence all along, and thus saying the system is now correct!

Should the appeal now go belly up for him again I would be amazed if any club, including utd, took a chance on him given how high profile the whole affair has been. Having said that should he finally show some genuine remorse and apologize to the girl for his actions then in some way I wouldn't be against the idea of him returning but I certainly wouldn't want him here at Wednesday.