Would Sheffield Wednesday have reinstated rapist Ched Evans?

Was talking about this last night. I would like to think the club would have been the complete opposite in this situation. If it had happened though, there's no way I could go to a match with a convicted rapist on the books at my club. Would imagine attendances would half at least.

We took back Madine.

Who did he rape?

Sorry if this has been covered but was trying to speed read this thread.

I was totally convinced of his guilt and thought he should not be allowed back into football.

But someone asked if I had seen the ched evans website so I looked.

There is a lot on there which is spin but the main basic evidence and videos do seem to put the conviction in doubt.

That is even with my bias

Take a look at that video I couldn't believe it

Perhaps you need to expand. What are you implying ?

Was talking about this last night. I would like to think the club would have been the complete opposite in this situation. If it had happened though, there's no way I could go to a match with a convicted rapist on the books at my club. Would imagine attendances would half at least.

Who did he rape?

Different circumstances true, and not as bad a crime, but he is still a convicted criminal that did jail time for a serious offence.

Perhaps you need to expand. What are you implying ?

Well I was very bored waiting for someone so took a look at I think it is chedevens.com on the recommendation of a friend (another owls fan). I did not intend to read through the mass of info on the site as it did look a bit like an avert with lots of spin.

However one of the menu items said something like "take a look at the hotel video". In this you see the girl come in a taxi with the other accused (sorry forgot his name) she walks in arm in arm the rushes back out of the hotel as she left a pizza on the floor. She crouches down and retrieves the pizza then rushes back into the hotel. There are other things happening in the video but it does seem to indicate that she was not as drunk as reported.

I don't know what happened and if anyone is guilty of rape I say throw away the key. But my brief look at this alternative evidence seems to put some of the statements publicised into doubt.

I am assuming the video and other evidence on the site is genuine of course. I have no way of knowing either way.

Well I was very bored waiting for someone so took a look at I think it is chedevens.com on the recommendation of a friend (another owls fan). I did not intend to read through the mass of info on the site as it did look a bit like an avert with lots of spin.

However one of the menu items said something like "take a look at the hotel video". In this you see the girl come in a taxi with the other accused (sorry forgot his name) she walks in arm in arm the rushes back out of the hotel as she left a pizza on the floor. She crouches down and retrieves the pizza then rushes back into the hotel. There are other things happening in the video but it does seem to indicate that she was not as drunk as reported.

I don't know what happened and if anyone is guilty of rape I say throw away the key. But my brief look at this alternative evidence seems to put some of the statements publicised into doubt.

I am assuming the video and other evidence on the site is genuine of course. I have no way of knowing either way.

I've tried to be even handed in this discussion and see this from both sides but honestly a court has considered all the evidence presented by BOTH sides and found the guy guilty. We can't look at evidence released by the defence in  isolation and consider the conviction suspect. He is guilty of rape until the courts decide otherwise.

As I understand it the case revolves around the issue of consent. If she is in the hotel room voluntarily and consents to sex there is no rape. The prosecution suggested she was so drunk she was incapable of providing consent. She may have been a bit drunk or pretty drunk when she went into the hotel but we don't know what happened in the room....well I don't anyway. She might have been given more drink and been completely smashed. We have to assume the court considered the evidence and decided she was too drunk to consent. They have all the evidence , we don't.

We took back Madine.

Wrongly. Ive been slated on here a few times by some for saying we should have sacked that moron the minute he was sent down ,and the club would have been totally within their rights to sack him. He dragged our name through the dirt ,and Madine apologists seem to forget he assaulted  one of our own fans. 

We took Madine back. In fact we took Madine on with a criminal record.

Million miles away.

I don't know this for a fact but I believe Madine was contrite and wished to make amends.    Also, he brained someone while both parties were under the influence of alcohol, and one was so drunk he did not know what had caused Madine to chin him, or even if it was Madine.     Brawling is not the same as raping.

Have you heard their interviews?

Had you heard them slate Ched Evans for not showing remorse, whilst deliberately ignoring the crucial fact that he is appealing.

How the hell can you show remorse for a crime, which you are appealing against?

It would be belittling rape if Ched falsely showed remorse for a crime, he believes he didn't commit, just to secure employment.

Are the representattives of Rape Charites suggesting he do this?

He has been convicted by a court of law and had his appeal turned down.  He is a dirty rapist who should still be in jail especially

as he won't admit what he's done.

Excellent article.  The girl he raped has had to change her id and while he continues to be in denial for raping her

she will continue to suffer for fear of repercussions from his demented supporters.

a) Won't have served his sentence until April 2017 - just because there is not enough space in prisons so people get out early, doesn't mean criminals have 'served their time'

b) He hasn't shown the slightest sign of remorse, apparently because raping a very drunk girl and clearing off via the fire escape once he realised what trouble he was in is an entirely condonable act in his eyes.

Taking the above points into account I fully believe the club would not take him back in the same situation. But if they did, the club would be hugely tainted in my eyes. As much as I love Wednesday, dealing with issues such as rape in the way United have would have seen me turn my back on them and just continue to watch other football as a neutral.

The fact that he has shown no remorse whatsoever is a disgrace. If he was a pop star would he now be undertaking an Xmas tour and would people go and see him as a convicted rapist? Of course they wouldn''t.

It's the equivalent of Gary Glitter finishing his sentence and then playing an arena tour - he'd get lynched and booed off stage. Why is rape dismissed as not serious by a small section of male pig ignorant individuals. Sums the pigs up with their lack of morals.

wednesday would not have taken a convicted rapist back.

madine got involved in a punch up on a night out which tbh most have us have done in time.

rape and a punch up are not in the same catorgory.

Was it a punch up - or was it assault?

How many people have you knocked unconscious and how many jaws of people have you smashed?

Plenty of people have been maimed and even died at the hands of people who are too quick to chuck their fists about

What Evans has done stands alone as a vile and despicable crime - but that doesn't mitigate what Gary Madine has done