Would Sheffield Wednesday have reinstated rapist Ched Evans?

Different circumstances true, and not as bad a crime, but he is still a convicted criminal that did jail time for a serious offence.

As you've acknowledged, the crimes are completely different - but on top of that you have the fact that Madine showed remorse, apologised and showed a willingness to rehabilitate. I'm not saying I wanted Madine at the club; I wasn't really that fussed either way, and I wouldn't begrudge anybody having the opinion of not wanting him back.

Ched Evans who has been convicted of a far more serious crime has not once acknowledged that he was in fact guilty, and hasn't once apologised to the victim. Now that's fine if you are in fact innocent, but surely United shouldn't have anything to do with Ched until IF he wins his appeal. As it stands they are associated with a convicted rapist.

Edited by townend_owl

There's no doubt about it, United are getting themselves into a reyt tangle over this matter.What's at the root of it is McCabes greed, he thinks that Evans is going to come back and fire them to promotion and they are going to have a 30 goal a season striker on their hands. Reality is that the lad hasn't kicked a ball in 2.5 years and no other club is stupid enough to touch him with a bargepole. What we've seen so far in terms of the reaction from club patrons and Jess Ennis is only the tip of the iceberg compared to the furore if he actually signs a contract and plays for them. Frankly I think that it couldn't happen to a better club, Evans and the Blunts deserve each other.

If madine wasn't under contract i suspect swfc would have washed their hands of him. 

The only reason he is still with us is that he is under contract. I suspect he will be released without fuss in the summer. 

pigonomics at their worst ,,the numpties at the sty have only themselves to blame,mcabe is a total idiot if he thinks this will go away , and the lowlifes who are threatening Jess want to be took behind the garden shed and taught a few lessons in growing up ,flipping braindead idiots ,

So they're saying Ched isn't a rapist yet they hope he rapes her?!?!

Some people are unbelievable. Someone also said to her 'I hope someone you know gets banged up for something they didn't do'

Pigs have sunk to the biggest low Iv ever seen in my life with this. What a stain on the City they are along with SOME (not all) of their scummy fans. Embarrassing.