Would Sheffield Wednesday have reinstated rapist Ched Evans?

The people I am starting to detest  are the vile Rape Councellor Charity types who are using this case to get their  faces/voices on TV/Radio, for their 15 minutes of fame. They really have no shame.

Whole new levels of ignorance and stupidity in this post.

Words fail me.

This is the part that grinds me. Don't get me wrong here. Rape is rape and non consensual sex is rape. It doesn't condone Evans' actions, but:

When it comes to using up my sympathy banks, this girl does not rate highly on my scales. There are thousands of victims of crime that deserve more sympathy than she does. Yes, I do know what effects rape has on its victims. But what she did on that night was recklessly stupid. She got into a taxi with a man she hardly knew in no fit state to even protect herself then put herself in a position of extreme danger. I know that I will get shredded on here for suggesting this but it could have turned out far worse for her.

Had she been dragged into the car or date drugged, maybe I would take a different view. My guess is that this incident wasn't the first time that she put herself at peril and, who knows, perhaps it won't be the last.

Society should protect people from crime but people also have some kind of responsible to do everything within their power not to put themselves in positions of danger or risk. How many times are people warned about such things throughout their childhood years?

And no, it still doesn't justify Evans' actions or the moral stance of his former club in all of this.

Yeah she asked for it

f**k me, she was 19 and pi55ed. 

Personally I wouldn't want him here for a number of reasons but other than that I totally agree with you Beholder

The bit about Evans being a quality striker?

It was sh ite in the Championship and only started scoring when he was in the pub league and had the best midfield in the league supplying him.

He hasn't played for knocking on 3 years and you think he would come back and be a quality striker at our level?

Reyt

lol

Guest Distraught!

Yeah she asked for it

f**k me, she was 19 and pi55ed. 

Right!

I didn't she say she asked for it. I did say what she did was recklessly stupid.

A 19 year old girl getting into a vehicle with a guy she doesn't even know, allowing herself to be taken back to a hotel room and falling asleep basically on a that man's bed. Others can have whatever viewpoint they like but I don't think that was very smart and it could have turned out much worse.

I would be fuming if my daughter had done that.

Right!

I didn't she say she asked for it. I did say what she did was recklessly stupid.

A 19 year old girl getting into a vehicle with a guy she doesn't even know, allowing herself to be taken back to a hotel room and falling asleep basically on a that man's bed. Others can have whatever viewpoint they like but I don't think that was very smart and it could have turned out much worse.

Millions of people around the world go out on a night out, pull, go back to his or hers after only meeting that night. 

They should not  have to worry about rape ffs. 

Edited by jambler

Right!

She obviously wasn't thinking straight, she was totally pi55ed.

Guest Distraught!

She obviously wasn't thinking straight, she was totally pi55ed.

Yeah, exactly.

I am not suggesting she asked to be raped. But I am sorry, given her actions that night, my sympathy banks towards her are slightly depleted.

But none of that condones Evans taking advantage of the situation.

The bit about Evans being a quality striker?

It was sh ite in the Championship and only started scoring when he was in the pub league and had the best midfield in the league supplying him.

He hasn't played for knocking on 3 years and you think he would come back and be a quality striker at our level?

Reyt

lol

Fair point. It would be a big ask for him succeed now at Championship level after all that has happened. I should have excluded his last line in my agreement on reflection.

Edited by Dagmeister

Whole new levels of ignorance and stupidity in this post.

Words fail me.

Have you heard their interviews?

Had you heard them slate Ched Evans for not showing remorse, whilst deliberately ignoring the crucial fact that he is appealing.

How the hell can you show remorse for a crime, which you are appealing against?

It would be belittling rape if Ched falsely showed remorse for a crime, he believes he didn't commit, just to secure employment.

Are the representattives of Rape Charites suggesting he do this?

Have you heard their interviews?

Had you heard them slate Ched Evans for not showing remorse, whilst deliberately ignoring the crucial fact that he is appealing.

How the hell can you show remorse for a crime, which you are appealing against?

It would be belittling rape if Ched falsely showed remorse for a crime, he believes he didn't commit, just to secure employment.

Are the representattives of Rape Charites suggesting he do this?

But he has committed the crime. I don't believe a jury in Rhyl unanimously came up with a conspiracy to send down a League 1 footballer.

But he has committed the crime. I don't believe a jury in Rhyl unanimously came up with a conspiracy to send down a League 1 footballer.

The trial was in Caenarfon. Nice little place. Only one decent pub though, and its called The Black Boy. A little bit League of Gentleman, if you follow.

I remember when we were interested in signing lee hughes & a lot of people on ere were split.

our main rivals re-sign a rapist, 95% of us will thrive off slagging pigs off

But one man killed another person whereas Evans' crime was bad but rape clearly isn't killing anyone. It clearly isn't as bad.

The lack of remorse shown by Evans over this means I have to agree though, no way would I take him on.

Guest Gershwin

One or two Owls fans are talking the moral high ground on this thread. Effectively, that Wednesday fans are very different to those at SU.

If other Owlstalkers are tempted, have a quick peek at one thread on another part of Owlstalk, before posting here. ‘Dressing Room- Charlie Webster’. Particularly the reference to an earlier thread entitled ‘Charlie Webster’s Fxxnie’. Maybe Owls fans, some fans anyway, are not that superior.

On the other hand, I reckon Wednesday’s current chairman/executive level team are significantly more professional than those across the city. I cannot believe that MM and his top team would have dealt with a similar case in such a dreadful way. SU’s handling of the Evans rape case is a text book example of how not to do it. SU really have shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Sorry if this has been covered but was trying to speed read this thread.

I was totally convinced of his guilt and thought he should not be allowed back into football.

But someone asked if I had seen the ched evans website so I looked.

There is a lot on there which is spin but the main basic evidence and videos do seem to put the conviction in doubt.

That is even with my bias 

Take a look at that video I couldn't believe it