Feel for Hutch

He was crying well before the tunnel, was crying sat on the pitch when Madine went up & consoled him...

Kinda tells ya he thinks its bad, as has been said above - he knows his own knees better than anybody.

Not good, but its a long season & Maybe he can be a shining light during the last 10/15 games!

After he got the injury he carried on, and flew into a tackle in front of the South Stand. The lad knew he was injured, but still went for it. We've had some complete wavnkers over the years, many of which have stolen a living. This lad is different, and I just wish he had some luck. If fit, he'd be earning £80k per week in the Premier League.

After he got the injury he carried on, and flew into a tackle in front of the South Stand. The lad knew he was injured, but still went for it. We've had some complete wavnkers over the years, many of which have stolen a living. This lad is different, and I just wish he had some luck. If fit, he'd be earning £80k per week in the Premier League.

^^^^ this

Well said

Always puts 100 % in and would be our best player by miles if we could nurse him through, feel sorry for the guy today a 

bang on that pal 100% effort !! he'd be our best player by a country mile if it all worked out. Deserves all the support he needs. We need someone with that style of play big time who can take control, hope the lads have picked a few things up off him eh.

He was crying well before the tunnel, was crying sat on the pitch when Madine went up & consoled him...

Kinda tells ya he thinks its bad, as has been said above - he knows his own knees better than anybody.

Not good, but its a long season & Maybe he can be a shining light during the last 10/15 games!

Hopefully tears of frustration rather than dread

It must be incredibly difficult for the guy to keep on trying to resurrect his career and keep on being pulled up short

Fair play to him - i really want him to succeed because he wants it so much

Pity not all young players have his resolve and determination

For me I think we mismanaged the situation, at Chelsea for a while he was coaching the youngsters and at Hillsborough he should be here on a similar contract. Long term management contract and anytime he feels available for the first team he should be offered a pay as you play bonus and put on the bench. Constantly throwing him in the first team whenever hes half fit is no good for him and bad for team morale as players like coke or semedo are constantly pushed out of the team the minute hes fit.

Hes a great player when fit and seems like one of footballs few good guys but a guy with long term knee problems refusing to go of the pitch when it was obvious he was injured after about 30 seconds then jumping in to tackles is not going to benefit him or the club.

Guest zico sterland

The kid retired once and Chelsea brought him back on a year deal ,im sure they have enough money to get specalist views on how bad injuries are . Slagging of the club for signing the bargain of the century if he stayed fit is not great . It was a risk but its early doors to say it failed .There is no doubting the lad is a talent .Give him some support not knives in the back .

The kid retired once and Chelsea brought him back on a year deal ,im sure they have enough money to get specalist views on how bad injuries are . Slagging of the club for signing the bargain of the century if he stayed fit is not great . It was a risk but its early doors to say it failed .There is no doubting the lad is a talent .Give him some support not knives in the back .

Ok, I support him, can't wait to see him play against Brentford...

It's nothing against the lad at all, he's got bags of quality and can go into the football tragedy list alongside players like Dean Ashton for me, because I've no doubt he could have been great, not for us but for premier league clubs and who knows, maybe England, but he's clearly buggered, it was a gamble we couldn't afford and I'm sorry, but it's already failed, he'll make 15 appearances if we're lucky, and it's simply not enough.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Without question

It's not a hindsight thing either as we all knew it at the time, unfortunately we just aren't the sort of club who can afford to take such a gamble.

He's a good player of course, but having cleared out the likes of Reda and Gardner last year, it's disappointing that we've lumbered ourselves with another wage for a player who doesn't play

I'm under the impression that we offered him more than one year to beat off competition for his signature.

First up, if he was always fit there isn't a chance in a million years he would sign for a mid-table Championship team.  Ability wise, he's a Premiership player, no doubt.  

We took a gamble.  But given his injury record, there will be clauses built into his contract that means it doesn't hinder us financially when he is injured and cannot play.  He won't be on a ridiculous amount wage wise, and I agree completely with the sentiment that if we could get 25 games out of him, we'd have had a good deal.  That may look unlikely now, but it was worth the risk.  

The lad should just go away for a while, get himself right, and get as fit as possible for the second half of the season.  One thing if for certain though, if he knows his body can't handle it he will retire - he's a solid character.  He deserves a break, and anyone getting on at him needs to have a long hard look at themselves.  

Echo the sensible comments here.

The signature of Hutch was a massive gamble BUT if he stayed fit for the season the impact on the team would have been huge.  You can see when he has played he is the heartbeat of the whole team and our best player by a country mile.  It was a gamble worth taking.

Good luck Hutch and I hope he can get over this latest set back.