Feel for Hutch

Well he's not a smart signing or money well spent is he?

As has been said before, it's nothing against the lad and it's not his fault he's got these injury problems, everybody without exception recognises his obvious ability, but he's a genuinely bad signing for a club that lacks both quality and depth within the squad, because he doesn't, and never will play matches on a regular basis.

Unfortunately with the lack of ability we have in reserve we simply can't afford to carry that.

I'm not convinced it is a "genuinely bad signing" though, it's not like squad space is it a premium and yes his contract is 2 years but there's obviously going to be some sort of pay-as-you play clause in there, plus as was earlier posted, we could possibly use him in some sort of coaching role, which would be an intriguing prospect. If space were at a premium and the money we spent has cost us the signing of another player I would agree, but I don't think either are true.

All it boils down to is the fact that we gambled - if he stayed fit enough to play 25-30 games we would have had one of the best players in the division. Unfortunately, the coin's flipped the other way. With regard to us, his injury problems are a blessing as if he didn't have them we'd have absolutely no chance of signing him, because he'd be in the starting XI of a PL team, which quite possibly would have been Chelsea.

Well he's not a smart signing or money well spent is he?

As has been said before, it's nothing against the lad and it's not his fault he's got these injury problems, everybody without exception recognises his obvious ability, but he's a genuinely bad signing for a club that lacks both quality and depth within the squad, because he doesn't, and never will play matches on a regular basis.

Unfortunately with the lack of ability we have in reserve we simply can't afford to carry that.

Unless the contract is structured so that when he isn't fit the cost is minimal? Lets be honest, we can't go on and on about him being a waste of money unless we actually know he is costing us money?

One thing that really pi ssed me off over the Weekend was reading about Tarrabt at QPR being 3 stone overweight and barely training and contrasting that with Hutch who so desperately wants to play football. Makes me sick.

Realy feel for the lad,but for his injuries he would not be here , but we did know this when we signed him and it gives me no pleasure to say that i and others on here did say we would do well to get 20 games a season out of him.

Like some one said, we gambled and lost, not knowing his contract details, how long a contract did he sign for?.

When he first started limping on Saturday I thought he'd pulled a hamstring by the way he was holding his leg straight etc,he was mistakenly trying to run it off then flew into the last tackle out of pure frustration causing god knows what damage.

Should get some news today hopefully a short layoff.

Guest Sheff Owl

Aye, i thought both his knees was bad until Gray said on Saturday he wasn't sure if it was his bad knee or not.

Just bloody typical it would be tho.

Idiot!!!!

How am I an idiot? I was opposed to his signing in the first place. I knew this would happen. You can only feel sorry for someone so many times. He will go into coaching and make far more money than I ever will. I put Buxton in the same bracket. He should go as well.

Edited by Crofty_1990

How am I an idiot? I was opposed to his signing in the first place. I knew this would happen. You can only feel sorry for someone so many times. He will go into coaching and make far more money than I ever will. I put Buxton in the same bracket. He should go as well.

I agree. I do not feel sorry for Hutchinson at all, on more more money then I will ever see.

I agree. I do not feel sorry for Hutchinson at all, on more more money then I will ever see.

Don't get me wrong, from a personal perspective I'm gutted for the lad. He appears to be a good egg, the genuine type, which we rarely see in footballers these days. However, it just seems like another "I told you so" moment, similar to the Jeffers debacle but without the player in question being a nobber.

We have benefitted this year from a relatively settled back 4 with a bit of quality (in Tom Lees). We now need this quality and consistency in midfield. We must have spaffed so much money over the last 10 years or so signing players who are either injury prone, crap or not quite good enough.

So what? The guy loves football and is bloody good at it but can't play because of his terrible injury problems.

It seems just because someone earns more money than you they're immune to having actual human emotions. Get a grip.

So what? The guy loves football and is bloody good at it but can't play because of his terrible injury problems.

It seems just because someone earns more money than you they're immune to having actual human emotions. Get a grip.

To be frank I could not care less about his emotions. Don't get all the feeling sorry for someone on here who 99% of us have never met. I am sure the £8k per week will soften the blow for him.

Should it be bad enough for his season or career to be over (let's hope not) we can do a lot worse than getting him involved in the academy set up considering his background and breeding at Chelsea.

can you transmit commitment, passion and genuine love for the game as if it's your last ? If so the lad will make a hell of a coach