Worst goalkeeper to have played for Sheffield Wednesday

We seem to have picked over the main candidates, so allow me to remind you of some of the utterly abysmal performances from martinez last year, he was by no means the worst but he would make one mistake, lose all confidence and end up having a complete stinker, bournemouth at home last year springs to mind.

Barry Watling.  No further discussion required.  Mods, please lock thread.

while i´d tend to agree with you the bloke only played 1 game and at 5ft 8in tall he was always gonna struggle with the one he let in ....boobby ferguson from the same era was a shocker as well .if i had to pick the worst though i´ll go with the majority and say adamson .

Lee Bullen should have been the worst 'keeper but it turns out he could probably be the best....

Kept a clean sheet replacing Lucas in the net at Millwall and not only that, he also won the free kick from which Simek went upfield and scored the winner.

Total Legend (capital "L").

This is one of my favorite moments watching Wednesday. 

All the Millwall players celebrating in corner thinking they'd scored not realizing it had been disallowed and we took a quick free kick nipped up field and scored. 

The Millwall fans wanted to kill us fans and players all at same time.  :tango:

Srnicek was pathetic.

He must have parried half the goals we conceded to opposition forwards.

This. I remember the relegation season, quite early on, dominating Leeds at bellend road, pressure on them building as the 2nd half wore on. Even pessimistic old me thinking taking the lead was only a matter of time....

.... Pav gifts them a goal. Never, ever knew why some people rated him.

Others mentioned on this thread were terrible, but expectedly so. He was somehow a rated premier league keeper.

Nobody comes close to Adamson, even looking at his stance he looks poo poo.

Got that picture on the mantelpiece and to be fair, Adamson does an excellent job of keeping the kids away from the fire.

On that basis the award goes hands down (literally) to Tidman - utter gash, can't remember him having a good game.

Brad Jones without doubt.

Us aussies are embaressed he is considered a professional player.

The scary part is until last year i think he was being selected for the NT still.

Our first team keeper got sent off and he had to come on in that match.

True to form he flapped like a freak and conceeded a goal or two.

Truely pathetic.

Guest tha_knows

Brad Jones without doubt.

Us aussies are embaressed he is considered a professional player.

The scary part is until last year i think he was being selected for the NT still.

Our first team keeper got sent off and he had to come on in that match.

True to form he flapped like a freak and conceeded a goal or two.

Truely pathetic.

To be honest I think the blokes done remarkably well to keep his career on track after he had to deal with the death of his little boy, what is the worst experience any parent can go through. I agree he didn't have the best spell with us but I think there are a few more names who are infront of him.

To be honest I think the blokes done remarkably well to keep his career on track after he had to deal with the death of his little boy, what is the worst experience any parent can go through. I agree he didn't have the best spell with us but I think there are a few more names who are infront of him.

Good point, credit to him for keeping it together, wouldn't wish that on anyone.

He was shocking for us,, I remember him taking an age to take a goal kick in front of the Kop, moving it from one side of the goal to the other when the clock was ticking down and we were a goal down to dirtyleeds, it was as if he thought we were winning.

Not a chance he was worse than Tidman though.

Edited by Guest