Worst goalkeeper to have played for Sheffield Wednesday

Chris adamson was the worst goalkeeper ever to grace football literally couldn't kick off the floor ... One of those strange truly dreadful players that sturrock seemed to love / feel sorry for

You,re right it was bizarre............................Peter Gilbert and Steve Adams also spring to mind.

As for the keeper , Adamson , Jones and Tidman are the obvious ones with Adamson probably just edging it , although i have a vague memory of a keeper who played in the 70,s who was pretty awful..............Neil Ramsbottom ??

Guest tha_knows

Marlon Beresford.

Came through our academy before being sold and was then loaned back to us from Middlesboro years later and was absolute garbage. I vaguely remember him letting in nearly every shot in one game. He was bad.

Annoying thing is that whenever he played against us, he was unbeatable. We played Boro after his loan spell with us and he pulled some right saves off.

Yeah this is the one I was gunna mention, remember one game didnt he come for a cross and ended up punching the ball into his own net? Sure it was Jewells last game in charge...

Brad Jones stands out. 

Remember a few incidents. 

One was against Leeds where he firstly tried to punch a ball that had gone a good 30 ft up in the air and was falling towards him pretty much dead straight. Needless to say he missed it. 

In the same game he managed to get himself sent off. 

Against Leicester he parried the ball over himself and into the goal. 

About Woods, yeah he messed up at Wembley against Arsenal that night (i was there) but think it was Worthington on the line just zombiefield watching the ball go past him, whats the point on being on the line if all you are gunna do is stand there in a trance ? Wasn't just Woods, a few players let us down that fateful Thursday evening In North London IMO

Worthy's true zombification was in 1993 at Old Trafford.

Edited by PopePiusX

Brad Jones stands out. 

Remember a few incidents. 

One was against Leeds where he firstly tried to punch a ball that had gone a good 30 ft up in the air and was falling towards him pretty much dead straight. Needless to say he missed it. 

In the same game he managed to get himself sent off. 

Against Leicester he parried the ball over himself and into the goal. 

Agree. Not sure if it was the same game, but against Leeds anyway, I can remember him fluffing punching a ball that was nothing more than a simple catch.

Lee Bullen should have been the worst 'keeper but it turns out he could probably be the best....

Kept a clean sheet replacing Lucas in the net at Millwall and not only that, he also won the free kick from which Simek went upfield and scored the winner.

Total Legend (capital "L").

Chris Woods was a liability. Gave the opponents a game plan - swing crosses in and feed on the dropped balls. Pressman coming in was a breath of fresh air.

Mark Bright put Woods in the best XI he played with and Terry Butcher said it was a close run thing between him and Shilton.