Sheffield Wednesday in Popular Culture

Yeah, he would often wear Wednesday gear as well, quite subtle stuff, I'm sure he has a T-Shirt on in one episode that said "Owusu" on it. Think it was in the style of a bar code.

One of Alistair Mcgowan's early impression series used to make Wednesday jokes all the time, one of the producers or directors must have been a fan because it happened so often it was ridiculous.

he also had a "Hirst 9" shirt in the same style as the Owusu one

On 01/03/2014 at 00:32, sheffield_dave said:

Martin Cloones makes reference to something being "as enjoyable as being on a train full of Sheffield Wednesday supporters" in an episode of Men Behaving Badly.

Been rewatching these - one of the last proper sitcoms before PC started to strangle comedy writing.

Very much a product of its time and reflects a different era.

Season 1 with Enfield is pretty awful.

The Clunes comment has just come up and rather caught me by surprise...I’d forgotten it.

we were a top club then too..

Watching an episode of Brookside in the 90s (i was young so had to watch whatever my Mum did so calm down, calm down)

Anyway there was this schoolgirl telling Te, Barry's mate, that she had a ticket for the following day to watch Liverpool play Sheffield Wednesday.

Wasn't much of a big deal in all honesty but i found it amazing at the time.

4 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Watching an episode of Brookside in the 90s (i was young so had to watch whatever my Mum did so calm down, calm down)

Anyway there was this schoolgirl telling Te, Barry's mate, that she had a ticket for the following day to watch Liverpool play Sheffield Wednesday.

Wasn't much of a big deal in all honesty but i found it amazing at the time.

You could’ve just said you watched it for Jenifer Ellison... 

• Haha 1

An entire episode of Murdoch Mysteries set in 1903 revolves around Wednesday winning the league and as confirmation of this reaches Canada Tom’s character, Inspector Brackenreid 0996F268-60D1-4086-9FE2-C68B132D9949.thumb.jpeg.ebec3ab676aff7f75a7d7472696f204c.jpeghas the entire cast bouncing!

The Wednesday scarves are authentic for the period and some of the historical details for the program were provided by OT’s very own “Dunsby Owl”!

0FF4AF5F-FF98-498B-A163-15F38D16DE71.jpeg

72C4BB73-7FD9-4D4C-872D-DA9428052D20.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1