Sheffield Wednesday in Popular Culture

Guest Arseowl

Tim vine does a joke about his availability to manage a football club in sheffield. However he can't do Wednesday.. Or summat..

I'm a great joke teller

Always been massive fan of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and could not believe it when he was pretending to know about football and winning a Cup in a dumb way said something like "Sheffield Wednesday will (win) before then...." Hadn't been so chuffed since getting off a Tokyo subway train in the 90's to be greeted by a full size cut-out of Hirsty in full kit.

Sheffield Wednesday listed in the credits for Terence Trent derby's 80s album - introducing the hard line.

I'd have thought that someone called Trent derby would have been more likely to mention Forest and Notts County...

• Haha 3

Guest Shnozzle

"Does any bugger support Sheffield Wednesday out there?, 'cos they're flipping brilliant"

The Macc Lads taunting Leeds fans between songs on their Live at Leeds album

Always been MASSIVE fan of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and could not believe it when he was pretending to know about football and winning a Cup in a dumb way said something like "Sheffield Wednesday will (win) before then...." Hadn't been so chuffed since getting off a Tokyo subway train in the 90's to be greeted by a full size cut-out of Hirsty in full kit.

funking amazing!

Guest Big Guns

Cracker years ago two southern kids running away

One said let's go north we're all the best football teams are like Sheffield Wednesday and man utd

"Does any bugger support Sheffield Wednesday out there?, 'cos they're flipping brilliant"

The Macc Lads taunting Leeds fans between songs on their Live at Leeds album

Was going to post that. Except that they didn't say either "bugger" or "flipping".

saw a old war film years ago where they pull a kraut out of the sea and this jack tar gives him a dry shirt that's striped and says to him "there you are just like Sheffield Wednesday".

20,000 leagues beneath the sea, it was called. My dad told me about it once but it was years later when I saw it for the first time.

Ok not exactly a war film, maybe you mean a different one Torryowl but there is a wednesday reference as you describe in this one.

Edited by SwissOwl8200

Goodness gracious me, during an operation one of the characters asks why the patient didnt have socks on. Someone puts some football socks on him and he shouts that they needed to be Sheffield Wednesday socks.

The bill, a story about under cover hooligans. They mention a notorious hooligan called "drop dead" who was a Wednesday fan known for being drop dead gorgeous (wierd!!)

Alistair McGowan big impression. Victoria and David Beckham sat eating dinner. David reveals a man utd tattoo Victoria asks why he had it done he replies that's who I play for n she says good job you don't play for Sheffield Wednesday then ain't it