Pubs near the Sheffield Wednesday ground that have shut

25 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Travellers was our last port of call before kick off. Sometimes used to walk from town and always enjoyed a pint in The Dennisons Arms. Real old, proper pub.

Where was the Dennisons mate? I've never heard of it. 

Early to mid 90's before and after I was legally allowed to drink, me and a few mates would park up at the snooker club at the bottom of Fox Hill, have a few games and a few pints, then have a pint in the Gate, a couple in the Travellers, then go to the match. After the game, up to the bowling alley, a few pints and gutter balls, then back to the snooker club for more drinks and snooker.

Taxi back home,(we'd pick the car up the day after) a bit of tea, a few pints down Hillsborough then into town.

Them were the days.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MrEdwards said:

My dad used to take me in the Masons arms on Capel St. With a posse of Donny owls. Great memories in there. Sunk my first beer in ( Bottle of Holsten Pills) 

My 1st beer was Holsten Pils - didn't like it much and didn't what all the fuss was about beer. Until I tried a pint of Stones and fell in love....🍻

Edited by royalowlisback

3 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Wasn't there talk of it being knocked down about a year back?

Always talk of it but I know the new owners are wanting to reopen.

Old owner has kept all staff on on furlough and the new owners are retaining them all. Brilliant by both parties. 

10 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Always talk of it but I know the new owners are wanting to reopen.

Old owner has kept all staff on on furlough and the new owners are retaining them all. Brilliant by both parties. 

Excellent news, one of the staff are regulars in my shop.

On 05/06/2020 at 10:26, Nut said:

Where was the Dennisons mate? I've never heard of it. 

On Watery St, just down from the big island at Netherthorpe on left side of Penistone Rd going to the ground. Only a small old fashioned.place but used to be frequented my professional drinkers. Really well hidden but always had a good trade.

Edited by Buckwheat
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, PARKOWL said:

New Bridge gone now all boarded up with a run your own pub sign outside

Sadly there will be a lot more before this dreadful year is over.

Many were already on the way out but the lockdown will be the final blow.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2020 at 08:09, casbahowl said:

A young entrepreneur & Wednesdayite Bob Murfin (Muff) dipped his toe into the entertainment industry in the early 80’s with the Muff Inn (Later The Owl) ...... It earned him a few quid as all the Wednesday lads from The Limit supported his venture which allowed him to invest in, and embark upon his career defining project in town...........

The Casbah!

image.thumb.png.bdb975a9495b9ccd30db41b03999dc60.pngWhen “The Casbah” sponsored a genius!

Bob Mirfin (Muff) owner of “The Casbah” club & music venue announces the season long sponsorship!

Edited by casbahowl
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

image.thumb.png.bdb975a9495b9ccd30db41b03999dc60.png

When “The Casbah” sponsored a genius!

Bob Mirfin (Muff) owner of “The Casbah” club & music venue announces the season long sponsorship!

Love  this.

Bit of Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield music history  coming together.

As it should be

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop