Pubs near the Sheffield Wednesday ground that have shut

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

119708570_10158029132467961_7121662610761653888_n.jpg.d7c9c447749663019ae4704808f6befa.jpg

All of the junior football club presentations used to be up there or the Pinegrove - was pissed on a couple of pints! Went in not long before it closed and it was sad to see a once great establishment in the death throes. Like the Gate people with an ulterior motive bought them and ran them into the ground

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

All of the junior football club presentations used to be up there or the Pinegrove - was pissed on a couple of pints! Went in not long before it closed and it was sad to see a once great establishment in the death throes. Like the Gate people with an ulterior motive bought them and ran them into the ground

It really is a case of we don't realise the value of some of these places until they've gone

I know it's a cliche saying but in this instance it really is true for both of those places

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It really is a case of we don't realise the value of some of these places until they've gone

I know it's a cliche saying but in this instance it really is true for both of those places

A night out in the Dial used to be cheap and you nearly always had a decent turn on. The turn in the Gate was slightly different but you always had a good night lol

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

A night out in the Dial used to be cheap and you nearly always had a decent turn on. The turn in the Gate was slightly different but you always had a good night lol

Aye Gate was full of some real characters that's for sure 

lol

Had some top times in there though

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Aye Gate was full of some real characters that's for sure 

lol

Had some top times in there though

Was a few years ago now but we had a reunion down at the jubilee with all the old faces. Was a great day and night and we even did the old Bridge pub crawl (well the Trafalgar, New Bridge and Railway)! We have a jolly boys every year now from the Southey club made up of a lot of the old Gate faces. The pub could tell over a million stories.

• Love 2

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

Was a few years ago now but we had a reunion down at the jubilee with all the old faces. Was a great day and night and we even did the old Bridge pub crawl (well the Trafalgar, New Bridge and Railway)! We have a jolly boys every year now from the Southey club made up of a lot of the old Gate faces. The pub could tell over a million stories.

Oh deffo

I know my mum and stepdad miss it more than anything on earth - they were 24/7 in there

It's been a huge loss to them not having the place and the people anymore

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Oh deffo

I know my mum and stepdad miss it more than anything on earth - they were 24/7 in there

It's been a huge loss to them not having the place and the people anymore

I must know them. The irony of the Gate was that it had a perception of being rough as a badgers backside but it was anything but. There was even a dress code in the lounge which people used to adhere to and never broke.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
19 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Sunday dinnertime session at the Dial to watch the strippers. 

Happy days mate 

Deffo...some ropey old strippers but it wer a top Sunday dinner sesh

21 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Sunday dinnertime session at the Dial to watch the strippers. 

Happy days mate 

There's a couple of pictures of the strippers if you scroll down to the last couple of photos at the bottom of this link.

Any of these jugs jogg your memory?:

https://billstephenson.co.uk/social-documentary/the-dial-house-sports-and-social-club-sheffield-1983/ 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1