Which match that you couldn't get to do you wish you did?

Just reading Wednesday, Rucks and Rock 'N' Roll by Anthony Cronshaw. Very good read, but it's got me thinking about matches that I couldn't get to for one reason or another.

I wish I could be at every match, but I simply can't afford it. But these are the matches that I REALLY wish I was at.

S***hampton home 5-0. I was at sea for this. Absolutely gutted.

Boxing Day Massacre. I was still just a little wiggler in my dad's sack.

League Cup final '91. I was only 6 and my mum hated football.

The one I wish I was at most though, was FA Cup semi-final '93. I wish I'd made the journey to Sheffield to take in the feel of the city that day before travelling down to London. I was only 8 at the time, but I remember watching it at my mate's house. Actually gutted I didn't get to experience that.

So which match do you wish you were at?

I've been pretty lucky in regard to getting to the big games, cept Boxing Day massacre.

I'd like to have gone to the sty for the first game we beat them in ages, and the beam back game.

Others would be away at hull when we snook into the playoffs, and brentford away last season

Guest Distraught!

Sheffield United versus Wigan

I love that picture of Colin in the background looking absolutely gutted and Jewell jumping up in the air in front of him.

I would have loved to have witnessed that live! :seth:

The Bramall Lane victory is the only one I can say. I'd been to all others and due to work in this instance I couldn't get. I went to the beamback though. I usually told work to balls if it clashed but this was one occasion I couldn't.

Was probably the most miserable Wednesday fan around that day/night - had to go back to work and finished at 9pm, went straight out and had the right face on.

The '93 FA Cup final replay. I was on nights and my boss wouldn't let me have the time off. It was made doubly worse as my boss allowed a 'workmate' to go that had only gone to the Final - I worked on a job where only one person was allowed to be off and my part-timer 'workmate' got his request in before me. I think I only missed two (possibly three) games home and away that season - away at Tottenham through illness and the FA Cup final replay - and possibly the home game against QPR when Palmer scored his hat-trick if it was that season.

Edited by shandypants

Brentford last season, just really couldn't justify myself going and completely ballsing up my degree.

Also really wanted to go to the Derby when we played em at Hillsborough in the league cup around 2000 but my mum wouldn't let me go resulting in me missing probably the only highlight of that season.

Play-off final V Hartlepool. We were down to the bare bones at work, I was on 12 hour mornings that weekend, with no-one available to cover, I complained until I was blue in the face, my manager threatened me with the sack if I didn't turn in. My son have never really forgiven me, and to make matters worse, my manager went to the game.

Some good came out of it though, we now have a spare man who we can call on at the manager's discretion, but usually only in case of emergencies.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.