Which match that you couldn't get to do you wish you did?

Guest wineowl

hadnt missed a match for 3 years then me mum and dad made me go on hoilday with them and missed man u 5.4 still gutted 45 years latter

The highly acknowledged 0 v 0 thriller at home to Rushden and Diamonds back in 2004.

Couldn't go as I had the shytes. Devastated doesn't even come close.

One of the true greats of our times, an unheralded classic if I ever saw one.

Twas truly an honour to see Chris Turner's warriors battle hard, sweat blood and tears to earn us an invaluable point against the mighty Rushden and Diamonds.

Guest wadsgod

Just reading Wednesday, Rucks and Rock 'N' Roll by Anthony Cronshaw. Very good read, but it's got me thinking about matches that I couldn't get to for one reason or another.

I wish I could be at every match, but I simply can't afford it. But these are the matches tIhat I REALLY wish I was at.

S***hampton home 5-0. I was at sea for this. Absolutely gutted.

Boxing Day Massacre. I was still just a little wiggler in my dad's sack.

League Cup final '91. I was only 6 and my mum hated football.

The one I wish I was at most though, was FA Cup semi-final '93. I wish I'd made the journey to Sheffield to take in the feel of the city that day before travelling down to London. I was only 8 at the time, but I remember watching it at my mate's house. Actually gutted I didn't get to experience that.

So which match do you wish you were at?

I went to all the matches you've mentioned, but missed the play-off final in Cardiff )-:

Guest mpinkie182

Wycombe last year at won with the pitch invasion, it looked EPIC! I was in Afghanistan and watched it on the TV - but I was jumping around so much I may aswell of been there!! UTO - literally.

93 semi, was on HMS Coventry in the Gulf, only 2nd half was on world service, extra time wasn't, so I listened to the 'economic farming problems in outer mongolia' when they switched to Wembley........Mr. Bright had me (& one other) running down 2 deck.....the 1st lieutenant wasn't impressed.......like we were bothered! Great run ashore in the dry state of Kuwait followed!

1991 League Cup Final. I asked my dad if he could get tickets (I was only eleven, and he's an Arsenal fan) and he found a ticket agent in London selling them for £24 each. He came home and told me that no match was worth £24 a ticket.

£24 too much!

How many Arsenal games does he get to now. :tango:

Just reading Wednesday, Rucks and Rock 'N' Roll by Anthony Cronshaw. Very good read, but it's got me thinking about matches that I couldn't get to for one reason or another.

I wish I could be at every match, but I simply can't afford it. But these are the matches that I REALLY wish I was at.

S***hampton home 5-0. I was at sea for this. Absolutely gutted.

Boxing Day Massacre. I was still just a little wiggler in my dad's sack.

League Cup final '91. I was only 6 and my mum hated football.

The one I wish I was at most though, was FA Cup semi-final '93. I wish I'd made the journey to Sheffield to take in the feel of the city that day before travelling down to London. I was only 8 at the time, but I remember watching it at my mate's house. Actually gutted I didn't get to experience that.

So which match do you wish you were at?

FA Cup semi in 93, my dad gave me the choice of league cup final or FA semi, we had an away replay at Derby and blunts had to beat a nearly champions Blackburn so I plumped for the league cup final, nightmare. As for Boxing day 1979, I was supposed to be born that day but was late and arrived on 4th Jan, always been disappointed with that

eric taylor decided they would only except postal applications and think they got over 100k requests for 15k tickets .i was one of the unlucky ones ,my uncle who'd never been to hillsboro got one and i didnt speak to the 2hat for years after .

What a stupid idea just a lottery and that just encourages the band waggoner's to apply. Why not just put them on general sale and the ones that wanted them the most would have queued up days in advance. Where's that Eric Taylor thread..

Last match of last season.

Was getting married - 3pm on the dot.

Gutted was not the word. I told my new wife both in the ceremony and in my speach that I will never forgive her for that.

Though there were several SUFC fans in the congregation who I got to rub in at every possible moment. Two of them even went home before the reception as they were that gutted. I had nominated people in the crowd in the church giving signals and coughing and noises to indicate goals in both ours and pigs games. And even had the radio on in the wedding car to hear a bit of the second half.

Happiest day of my life but maiunly for football reasons.

The Waddle West ham game is the only domestic one that springs to mind and thats only with the benefit of hindsight - have been lucky to get to every league/cup game that I wouldn't have wanted to miss for anything in the last 30 years. So its got to be away in Europe - next time I will be there!

Boxing Day Massacre - only 11 and for some reason my Mum wouldn't let me go by myself and my old man had just got re-married and was under the thumb so wouldn't take me

FA Cup Qtr Final Replay 83 v Burnley 5-0 - Flu

October 86 v Oxford 6-1 - Clashed with first day of Uni -

15 April 1989 - As a time traveller and prevent it happening