Which match that you couldn't get to do you wish you did?

93 semi, was on HMS Coventry in the Gulf, only 2nd half was on world service, extra time wasn't, so I listened to the 'economic farming problems in outer mongolia' when they switched to Wembley........Mr. Bright had me (& one other) running down 2 deck.....the 1st lieutenant wasn't impressed.......like we were bothered! Great run ashore in the dry state of Kuwait followed!

Forces TV and radio is poo pooe. I remember we had one of two BFPS channels for the champions league final when Arsenal played Barce. I was on an all male ship the powers that be on land decided that instead of watching one of the biggest football matches in the footballing diary, an all male ship would prefer to watch............... Desperate housewives!

A load of us huddled around a radio with hardly any signal in the dining room. No one could hear anything.

We also watched BFPS when Wednesday played a crucial relegation battle against Plymouth. We were one nil down when Tommy Spurr hit the sweetest of volleys which was hurtling towards the top corner of the net. The channel paused for out two minutes as the ball was in mid air! rogering brilliant. Didn't even see it go in. Next thing I saw was the score at 1-1 and we were defending again. Cheers BFPS!

Always regretted missing the 5th game v Arsenal at Filbert Street in the Cup back in the 70's. Went to the other 4 at some cost in time and money but was really bad with gastric flu and just couldn't get out of bed. The timetable of those games was incredible and will never be repeated by today's part timers.

I've been fairly lucky to see most of the best ones in recent years. Especially last year as I saw the 4 all, the derby, Wycombe at home etc. made it down to the millennium stadium.

I wish I could've gone to wembley in 91 and 93 but I am a similar age to the op and my parents weren't from sheffield.

I've been fairly lucky to see most of the best ones in recent years. Especially last year as I saw the 4 all, the derby, Wycombe at home etc. made it down to the millennium stadium.

I wish I could've gone to wembley in 91 and 93 but I am a similar age to the op and my parents weren't from sheffield.

Where are you from then?

£24 too much!

How many Arsenal games does he get to now. :tango:

He stopped going to matches after he got married to Mum in 1972 so the only games he'd go to were to take me, usually to see Wednesday away at London clubs because they were closest to home. To be fair, back then we were getting into games for about a tenner for the two of us (my first ever match, at Palace in 1990, he got in for £6 and I got in for free by sitting on his shoulder as he went through the turnstiles). I've since taken him to the Emirates twice.