Are we actually...good?

To say we only had 2 strikers and next to zero attacking options for the first month. Allied with the fact we had a lot of new players to settle in, you can't help but be impressed with 25 points from 12 games.

The wheels are very much in motion now and if we can replicate the points tally we have over the next 3 quarters of the season then will make automatic promotion.

It's going to be a great tussle between us, charlton and Huddersfield. I expect Preston to come out of the January transfer window weaker.

Are we a good side in the grand scheme of things, not yet lol

But in terms of this league, I think we must be pretty close. As I mentioned earlier, we have been lucky in terms of teams missing their chances, but on the whole, that's what happens at this level, whereas we have almost German like efficiency in front of goal at the moment.

I get a bit annoyed when people say we are been flattered by poor sides. This is league 1! 90% of teams in this league are poor. Anyway, when we have come up against the decent teams so far e.g MK, Charlton, Notts, even Hartlepool, we have took points off all of them.

Compare that to last year.

Guest foreverSWFC

Seen it All before - what All of it?

Go on then what happens?

:smile:

Cant see anyone who wouldnt but you dont need to choose - both your wishes will come true!

I'm just saying less than a month ago we were hammered by Stevenage, and everyone on here was in despair.

We are playing extremely well at the minute and i'm loving it, but too much optimism isn't a good thing, we as Wednesday fans should know that.

I'm just saying less than a month ago we were hammered by Stevenage, and everyone on here was in despair.

We are playing extremely well at the minute and i'm loving it, but too much optimism isn't a good thing, we as Wednesday fans should know that.

Wednesday fans on this website all have bi-polar disorder mate lol

It took us a number of games to start performing. However, we were still putting the team together as the season started and it took a while to gell as would be expected.

Had we had these players together from the start of pre-season, we would have set off like a house on fire.

We're going to get better and better. We've only just started. Confidence breeds confidence and a thousand other cliches. We were behind everyone else with our preparation but we've caught up just in time to have a real go at it.

Enjoy the ride. It'll be slow progress because the direction is up.

This side will only get better and if needed Milan will reinforce the side were Necessary, I don't feel overconfident for the derby on Sunday but it's the most confident iv felt going into a game at bum hole lane In 40 years

I think were capable of 20 more wins this season, 85 points should see us at least second

At home I think we are that good.

6 home wins on the bounce and I think it must be 1 defeat in 14 or 15 games taking into account the good run last season.

Away from home we probably still need to rack up some more wins before I can fully believe it, but we will be right up there come the end of the season.

i don't know how he does it, but GM knows how to put things right

the players he's brought in have steadied the ship

any new wobbles will be corrected and any weaknesses ironed out

it's still early days and some players have yet to make their mark, jj, cog, lowe

regardless of the result at the stain we will be up there

believe

Its only a month since we were destroyed at Stevenage in possibly the worst ever performance by a SWFC side.

We are being flattered by poor opposition at the moment, though certain players like Madine, Marshall and Buxton are showing that they are a class above the players in other squads at this level. I still fear for us if a team gets off to a good start and scores first.

Doubt it, 73/74 season we went down 8-0 at Middlesborough and were lucky to get nil!

Also 75/76 season we got tonked 3-0 by the likes of Wrexham, Mansfield, Port Vale (at home) and 3-1 by Cardiff (they were poo then) and Chesterfield both at home. I could name several others too but we really were a poor side in those days and every Saturday seemed to be an off day.

We've been a team who either win or lose for a few seasons now. We have solved our money problems and we are getting in a better position off the field. This could help us later in the year if we have a few key injuries because unlike in the past we might be able to fund good loan deals or even buy again come January. In terms of the team we have a good amount of competition and back-up players who are much better than in previous seasons. We have options. Take Sunday, we can't decide who plays on the right of midfield, be it Palmer,Prutton or JJ. All three are good players who could do a job for us. At last we have a manager with the same amount of passion and love for the club that we all have. This can prove difficult at times for Megson but its his job to handle the pressure and to remember at times he needs to be a manager first and a fan second. it may have been tough at first but Megson's brought passion, desire, hard work and much improved discipline to a team that lacked all these qualities for far too long. We will be amoung the top six for the rest of this season I just hope we have enough points to secure promotion at the end of it.

Although I agree with almost everything you've posted here, I thought in the interests of accuracy I should state (in relation to the bit in bold) that we actually had our money problems solved for us by Mr Mandaric. And FWIW, I'm bloody glad he did.

I'm positive becasue I think we're still building nicely and are only going to get better when the likes of JJ, Lowe and Cogba get up to full fitness. The size of our team is also a good reason to be positive, even when we're not playing well we're going to be hard to boss off the ball and bully, which you've not been able to say for a long time.

Been thinking exactly the same. Will take some of the pressure off Goal Machine Madine. And we haven't really had a chance to let the three of them settle and sort out a partnership up front. I'm keen to see what damage Lowe and Madine could inflict upon our opposition. Carlsberg don't do front pairings etc, etc.

Would love to see Marshall stay long term given the start he's made.

Pretty excited with the results and league position with one loss in the last 9 (league only). As opposed to last season, I feel like the position is deserved at this point. However, there are plenty of teams capable of taking it away from us should we start to flag, but, got to say I'm really happy with the way the season's turning out so far. Go you blue and white lizards (appropriate credit to sonofbert2).

The Stevenage result put a rocket under the players. I reckon that 1 result has had the biggest effect on our season. It showed the players that they will have to work hard, even in this league. It showed GM a lot about the character of certain players, both how they were on the night and how they've reacted since. It made him change things and proved to the players that we have competition for places. If they want to play then theyve got to work hard. Those that don't are shipped out.

I'm more confident because we've had that result. The players won't want it again cos it will have caused them some right grief. Dont point to that one result as a weakness, look at the strength shown since it happened instead.

As for are we actually good? We are effective in this league. I said at the beginning of the season that we won't be pretty but we'll be effective. This is us right now. We are big, strong and effective. We are doing what it takes to get out. Look at the 'only one team tried to play football' comments. The more of those we get the better off we will be cos it's usually a losing manager that comes out with that one. Some fans will complain about it, but their complaints sound pretty hollow when you're 3 goals up. It's about points, not style. Style can come when we've got players capable of it. Points will come this season cos that's what this team is built to achieve.

Long may that continue.