Are we actually...good?

i think the reason so many of us cant actually get our head round having a decent season is the fact that for a large percentage of wednesdayites, myself included, we have had so few of them. I dont have any memories of wembley, Hirst, Waddle, Sheridan etc to fall back on. Its been crap season after crap season in which we have had to look on at the end of the season whilst the decent sides go through the play offs or celebrate winning the league, full of envy.

For my generation of Wednesdayites, success and wednesday is an alien concept. Which is why I think when it does actually happen people will be enjoying it a lot more.

i think the reason so many of us cant actually get our head round having a decent season is the fact that for a large percentage of wednesdayites, myself included, we have had so few of them. I dont have any memories of wembley, Hirst, Waddle, Sheridan etc to fall back on. Its been crap season after crap season in which we have had to look on at the end of the season whilst the decent sides go through the play offs or celebrate winning the league, full of envy.

For my generation of Wednesdayites, success and wednesday is an alien concept. Which is why I think when it does actually happen people will be enjoying it a lot more.

Even the season we got promoted under Sturrock - it was still a bit of a $hit one until the play-offs!

What I hope we are getting is that winning mentality that Wilko's team had in that whoever came to play us knew they were in for a fight and the majority weren't up for. The longer our run continues, and I'm not talking about losing the odd game, the more confidence the team will get and that mentality will get re-enforced and thats where we come into it because as we know when we get behind them the whole thing will come together and before we know it we'll get what we've been wanting over the last 12 years...club, team and supporters together

I've seen all this before.....

Seen it All before - what All of it?

Go on then what happens?

:smile:

If i had a choice between winning at bumhole stain and promotion

i would choose promotion.

both would be nice though.

Cant see anyone who wouldnt but you dont need to choose - both your wishes will come true!

Its only a month since we were destroyed at Stevenage in possibly the worst ever performance by a SWFC side.

We are being flattered by poor opposition at the moment, though certain players like Madine, Marshall and Buxton are showing that they are a class above the players in other squads at this level. I still fear for us if a team gets off to a good start and scores first.

Guest davylowe

Seen it All before - what All of it?

Go on then what happens?

:smile:

Cant see anyone who wouldnt but you dont need to choose - both your wishes will come true!

photo-thumb-435.jpgphoto-thumb-435.jpgphoto-thumb-435.jpg

Its only a month since we were destroyed at Stevenage in possibly the worst ever performance by a SWFC side.

We are being flattered by poor opposition at the moment, though certain players like Madine, Marshall and Buxton are showing that they are a class above the players in other squads at this level. I still fear for us if a team gets off to a good start and scores first.

Are you still confident that Chessy will finish above us this season ?

Guest thekelch
Its only a month since we were destroyed at Stevenage in possibly the worst ever performance by a SWFC side. We are being flattered by poor opposition at the moment, though certain players like Madine, Marshall and Buxton are showing that they are a class above the players in other squads at this level. I still fear for us if a team gets off to a good start and scores first.

What is the actual point of being a football fan if you don't get excited when you've just won 4 on the spin and moved into the automatic promotion spots?

Guest Triplej2

The question should be - "Are we actually top 2 material?"

I don't think there's any doubt we'll finish in the top 6, we HAVE to be better than 2 of Hudders, PNE and Charlton IMO.

The question should be - "Are we actually top 2 material?"

I don't think there's any doubt we'll finish in the top 6, we HAVE to be better than 2 of Hudders, PNE and Charlton IMO.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

good is only relative.

If we are good compared to these, then that is all that matters.

I don't think anyone can say whether we are or not yet.

We've been crap for so long that it's hard to believe isn't it! Megson knows his stuff and has instilled a team spirit not seen for 20 years. We're nowhere near the finished article of course, and we won't win every game but fans and players are beginning to believe. Confidence is key too and there's no reason why we can't go on a long winning run, treat every game as a seperate entity which CAN be won. Forest werne't a great side under Davies but they went over a year unbeaten at home, Southampton have won 13 consecutive home games, Hudds haven't lost for ages (do we just forget about the play off defeat???).

GM and MM told us it wouldn't be easy but the signs are there, I just hope the crowds start to come back to push us on to the top of the league.

What is the actual point of being a football fan if you don't get excited when you've just won 4 on the spin and moved into the automatic promotion spots?

I am excited about what is happening and lets face it, this season is looking a lot better than last season but that wasn't the question. The question was whether we are good or not. My comment was that it is surely too soon to say whether we are or not, given our form has been a mix of being slaughtered by Stevenage, to grinding out mucky points away at charlton and the monkey hangers, to battering the likes of Exeter.

Guest TonyOwl88

The thing that encourages me is that we are improving all the time pretty much. Yes we lost 2 away games, but they were our 2nd and 3rd games.... if you look at the run since then.... well.... we've lost 1? To Stevenage... badly, but every other game says it was a fluke/one off. We aren't just on 2 point per game promotion target, but slightly in excess of it.

Up until the first goal against Chez Vegas, we put on a real master-class. Exeter was oh so comfortable, and we made MK Dons look like chumps in the second half. For me, these players are just getting started, and somebody is heading for a good hyding sometime soon... hopefully the blunts.

We should be cooing over our team, and getting down to Hillsborough in numbers. Our lads thrive on the big stage this season, and despite what some people say... we don't play hoof ball... we mix it up and cause teams all manner of problems.

How long have we waited for a proper midfield? Jose Semedo and Lines are possibly our best central midfield pairing for the best part of a decade. Marshall is top draw on the wing, and we have a real goal machine in Gary Madine. The defense is strong and solid, and quite honestly I think they are ever improving also. I think this is proven by the fact Bywater hasn't had to do anything really over the course of his 3 games.

Seriously... This could be the start of something special.

Look at Norwich, Leicester, Southampton, Brighton, Hull, etc.... Once you get the momentum, you can push on to maybe bag a place in the Prem.

It will happen.... its a matter of time... and all indications show that the time is now.

Why miss it? If we challenge for a league title, how many more oppertunities do you think we'll get to do that?