OFFICIAL - Morrison Gone To MK Dons

We shouldtry playing morrison in midfield, he is a good holder and can see a pass, that would then let us play goal scorers up front BUT provide us with a possible playmaker in midfield, if he continued his workrate etc. I donlt think that this would be a bad move at all given our gaps there...

Comments?

Are you pissed ?

Sadly Morrison doesn't score enough and spends to much time falling back into defenders, then gesticulating widely hoping for a free kick he's fooling no one with this tactic and the refs don't want to know. I agree that in that the last three or four games he's put himself about, but he's there to score goals. .

If there are other players waiting in the wings eager to prove their worth then it's obvious to most that they must be given their chance. Sorry as i do like his passion but in the goal scoring game passion is not enough you have to put the ball in the net.

Madine to my surprise has raised his game and looks a half decent player, seems to be a confidence player. I don't think he works well with Morrison and would benefit from a speedy, nippy kind of forward playing off him.

UTO

I'm afraid we have to speak of him in the past tense not in the pass tense.

He hasn't scored enough goalie and that's disappointing because he's certainly capable of getting goals. I probably agree with others on this thread, that him and the manager don't see eye to eye and that's why he's being shown the door.

Fair enoug, as a striker, goals are his game, and he is doing it. However, by the same token, keeping goals out is the job of the defence, they ain't doing that but they aren't getting offered to Swindon. A personality clash and rightly there can only be one winner.

It isn't just a question of not seeing eye to eye though is it. You can still work with "professional" people in spite of not seeing eye to eye.

There have been many who subscribed to the rumours that nobody liked Megson and didn't see eye to eye with him. This may or may not be true but the others don't seem to be airing their opinions (if they have them) in public and perhaps we can assume that Clinton's influence on internal proceedings may have been disruptive hence the need to take action.

The defence's performance is irrelevant in this debate as the question is not really about ability or form it is about attitude and it appears that Clinton's attitiude has contributed to this state of affairs.

Perhaps if he was a great player he could get away with it but he isn't so he can't. He is superfluous to requirements and he may be affecting team morale so we must wish him luck at his next club.

Hope we don't regret that.

Tis a strange one Russy. Loaning players to promotion rivals? The only logic i can see in it, is that both players will benefit more that being loaned out to a team thats in a relegation battle. But if MK stay in and around the top six for the rest of the season, it could turn out to be a terrible decision. Imagine the uproar if they finish 6th and we finish 7th.

Let's be honest he didn't do enough last season and his goal return this season hasn't been great. Sure he's tried much harder and has played much better but the goals still haven't arrived whereas Madine has managed to score 7.

Just not good enough in his time here especially on the wages he's obviously on. I appreciate his passion and he's a nice guy but we should be in much safer hands now we have Lowe, Mcgoldrick & O'Grady. It's irrelevant what he does at MK Dons, we needed to trim the wage bill and it just didn't work out for him here.

I wish him well.

I'm not going to say "good riddance" - he's a player I changed my opinion on a bit this season after I saw him pull his socks up and seemingly put a lot more effort in.

Same with Madine, but Madine's goals came, and Morrison's didnt.

Good luck Morrison, I think you are way past your best and we have better options, you'd have been way down the pecking order once everyone's fit.

Best move for all concerned.

Spine of their team, Beevers, Potter, Morrison.

Might be being unfair on Beevers who I think will come back a different player, more like his old self - but that's a scary though having those 3 in someone else's team knowing some of the results we got with them all in the side!

I am glad he's gone but not in a spiteful way as I would have loved for him to have succeeded. My problem with him is that he came with a great reputation and gave interviews talking the talk but did not deliver.

As an experienced member of the squad and possibly one of the highest paid, he should be returning better than a 1 in 4 goal ratio and I believe that this is the greatest problem that most have with him.

In short, is contribution to this club has not been good enough, thank you for your efforts Clinton but time to move on and hope that you find a permanent move away asap.

It was Pleat fella.

As I said before, Pleat may have but I know for a fact that several seasons earlier Francis put a 3 million pound bid in. This came from Francis himself after he had left Wednesday and was talking to me and my sister after we bumped into him and he was good enough to chat to us for five minutes or so. He remembered my sister as she used to be a cereal stalker for autographs.